Alkaline Trio - Remains

Guest conoley

Heads up to anyone who wants to pull a little scam:

I went to my local Hot Topic today to pick this up, and saw that they were having a big CD sale where virtually every title is marked down to either $13.99 or $9.99. As I browsed the CD racks with my $26.99(!) double LP in my hands, I got the bright idea of peeling one of the $9.99 orange sale stickers off a CD and slapping it on the corner of the record.

Then, the ultimate stroke of luck: When I went to check out, my friend who works there showed up! We started talking as I stood at the counter, waiting for her to ring it up.

Then, the gods frowned on me: She was actually on her lunch break and couldn't ring me up, so she called over her manager to handle the transaction, who immediately said, "This definitely isn't $9.99, some kid must've been fucking with the sale stickers." I tried a half-hearted objection ("Well, technically, that's the price advertised, can't you just give it to me for that?") but she was having none of it.

But had it not been for that manager, I am 100% convinced that my friend or any other low-level minimum-wage employee there would've rung it up for the sale price. I encourage all of you to go give it a shot, as well (maybe try peeling off one of the $13.99 sale stickers, as that's slightly less obvious).

Just a tip for anybody who does this you will get arrested as this happened to me when I was like 17. So I would not encourage doing this.

Brian

LOL

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads up to anyone who wants to pull a little scam:

I went to my local Hot Topic today to pick this up, and saw that they were having a big CD sale where virtually every title is marked down to either $13.99 or $9.99. As I browsed the CD racks with my $26.99(!) double LP in my hands, I got the bright idea of peeling one of the $9.99 orange sale stickers off a CD and slapping it on the corner of the record.

Then, the ultimate stroke of luck: When I went to check out, my friend who works there showed up! We started talking as I stood at the counter, waiting for her to ring it up.

Then, the gods frowned on me: She was actually on her lunch break and couldn't ring me up, so she called over her manager to handle the transaction, who immediately said, "This definitely isn't $9.99, some kid must've been fucking with the sale stickers." I tried a half-hearted objection ("Well, technically, that's the price advertised, can't you just give it to me for that?") but she was having none of it.

But had it not been for that manager, I am 100% convinced that my friend or any other low-level minimum-wage employee there would've rung it up for the sale price. I encourage all of you to go give it a shot, as well (maybe try peeling off one of the $13.99 sale stickers, as that's slightly less obvious).

Just a tip for anybody who does this you will get arrested as this happened to me when I was like 17. So I would not encourage doing this.

Brian

Well, I'm sort of proof that you won't get arrested, aren't I? It might not have worked, but there was no law enforcement involved.

Brian

Well, I'm sort of proof that you won't get arrested, aren't I? It might not have worked, but there was no law enforcement involved.

Understandable, if they get you on tape you are screwed. Plus it's not the most bad ass story to tell friends why/how you got arrested. If you can pull it off my hats off to ya.

Brian

Brian

My friend is a manager at a local HT and they caught a kid on tape doing this and called the police and are going to be prosecuting him for retail fraud.

As someone that works retail and has worked in both mom and pop shops as well as chains, things like this can cause people jobs should the peopel higher up the chain think it's in anyway a form of internal theft (i.e. your friend doing the adjustment on the price) which is unlikely, but can and does happen at times.

Most times employee's can/will change prices according to mis-priced items, but if it's something totally out of left field (a 2xlp marked down more than 50% as a new release) it throws flags all over.

I don't know, it's not somethign I would do, but it's a personal choice I guess. I know it's a "big buisness" and all, but theft (price manipulation in this case more so than walking off with) in any instance ends up effecting the people at the lowest levels in the long run.

Guest conoley

So I got my "blue swirl" in today. The one I ordered from interpunk a while back was on turquoise. This blue one is slightly darker, but that's it...

Guest conoley

Alright, so here's the deal. My "blue" is definitly darker than my "turquoise," but I don't know if that's enough to call it a different colour. Here are pics of

1. both

[image]

2. Blue [image]

3. Turquoise [image]