How to mail LP's?

I know there is a thread for this somewhere, but I couldn't find it in the search since "how," "to," and "lp" are not eligible words in the search function since they are not at least 4 words long.

Everytime I go to mail an LP I spend like $6 bucks. Usually $2-3 for media mail and the rest for packaging. The packaging I use is a bubble taped envelope type package. It costs me like $3-4. What's a cheaper way to ship out LP's and 7" records?

just mail the record without any packaging and wait for the thread from the buyer describing how fucked up it was, hours of entertainment

Hahaha.

Unfortunately I don't have any old LP mailers and don't plan on receiving any since I'm trying to sell all my records for money for school. Do they sell LP mailers at the post office or do you need to buy them online?

The pizza box idea is pretty good.

yeah if you try to send an LP in bubble wrap, prepare to lose your money AND your record... the easiest way to ship them is to find bigger carboard boxes and cutting them 13x13(or 12.5x12.5 inches), put the record in between with some 12x12 cardboard flats on the outside and taping the hell out of the box(just scecure the records inside the box so they don't move areound...and take the record out of the cover and put it in the plastic sleeve outside of the cover to avoid the cover splitting. Just be careful of using USPS boxes(well turning them inside out) because they could "lose" your box if they inspect it "for mishandling government property" so steal some DHL or UPS boxes if you can't find regular cardboard.

just mail the record without any packaging and wait for the thread from the buyer describing how fucked up it was, hours of entertainment

Hahaha.

Unfortunately I don't have any old LP mailers and don't plan on receiving any since I'm trying to sell all my records for money for school. Do they sell LP mailers at the post office or do you need to buy them online?

The pizza box idea is pretty good.

Online, www.bagsunlimited.com or www.sleevetown.com the post office or those shipping stores don't have them.

I know there is a thread for this somewhere, but I couldn't find it in the search since "how," "to," and "lp" are not eligible words in the search function since they are not at least 4 words long.

Everytime I go to mail an LP I spend like $6 bucks. Usually $2-3 for media mail and the rest for packaging. The packaging I use is a bubble taped envelope type package. It costs me like $3-4. What's a cheaper way to ship out LP's and 7" records?

Dude I would do this. You're located in Long Island, NY; Bagsunlimited is located in Rochester, NY. I'd order a pack of mailers for them, and since I assume you're not thousand miles from each other, your stuff shouldnt take ages to arrive. Then, you just have to apply a little amount to each order to cover what you spent to get your mailers. Bad idea?