Fireside Appreciation

I think I'm only going to listen to all the Fireside albums today at work...I'm just in that kind of mood.

Fireside was a sweedish post hardcore band from the mid-90's that were definitely in the Quicksand worship arena. They have at least 6 full lengths out there(probably more that I haven't tracked down, plus I think someone on here has told me about the singer having multiple solo records).

You should check them out...

just don't get the 'Get Shot' album first that one is ok...they were uhm...I don't know what they were doing with that one...they started to get a little too 60's rock/more Hives rather than the Stones on that one...)

I'd go in this order:

Do Not Tailgate

Uomini D'onore

Fantastic Four

Hello Kids(odds and ends collection)

Get Shot

I just checked and these are all available for around .75 on half.com...check em out, they'll be the best 75 cents you spend today.

Oh I can give you Fireside Bowl stories...but today is about Fireside the band.

true story: in the Hello Kids CD, there's a picture of the band posing in the back of the Fireside Bowl standing next to where the word Fireside was painted on the wall. I, sadly, was not at this show...but it was before I knew them anyway...

the Brandon Lee movie "Rapid Fire" is partially "set" in the bar at Fireside, but only the exterior is used...and they do a lot of typical movie things where they imply certain logistically incorrect scene cuts, ie: train stations being around the corner/down the street, but they're miles apart.

Do Not Tailgate IS THE JAM. Total Quicksand/Seaweed ripoff, but who the fuck cares when it's that good?

Also, RIP Fireside Bowl. Some of my best memories come from being inside your gross-ass venue (and even grosser-ass bathroom).

the best part of the renovation/re-bowling alley-ifying that happened there is the men's room is still as disgusting as it was back in the day.

Do Not Tailgate IS THE JAM. Total Quicksand/Seaweed ripoff, but who the fuck cares when it's that good?

Also, RIP Fireside Bowl. Some of my best memories come from being inside your gross-ass venue (and even grosser-ass bathroom).

the best part of the renovation/re-bowling alley-ifying that happened there is the men's room is still as disgusting as it was back in the day.

I have an amazing story regarding the Fireside's bathroom and Paddy from Dillinger Four that I'll have to type up later.

I have an amazing story regarding the Fireside's bathroom and Paddy from Dillinger Four that I'll have to type up later.

Yeah, I'd like to know what kind of bathroom memories you can have! George michael?

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/21/2017 at 1:56 PM, thievesdont said:

Sorry for the nine-years-too-late bump, but I recently threw on Fantastic Four. Was curious to see if it was repressed and I saw that there was a "remixed and remastered" version on iTunes. Sounds like GARBAGE, haha. What gives?

That's probably the one I have, judging by the alternate artwork compared to the original. Wonder if I've ever heard the original, then?

Either way, big fan of Fireside - haven't listened to them in a bit and now seems like a good time as what I was listening to just finished.