The Killers Pressing Info

Chances are it'll get officially reissued in the next couple years, so I'd wait. Every time I've bought expensive original pressings they seem to announce a reissue the day after!

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I've been waiting (like everyone else) for a repress of this for so long.

Go for the US as it has Change Your Mind instead of Glamorous Indie Rock n Roll.

I was beginning to lean that way as well.

A UK retailer has a copy I am/was considering purchasing, but their resident appraiser took a look at the copy and reported a "manufacturing stain" on the vinyl that apparently doesn't cause any/much noise but still frightens me for the price range.

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but does anyone have more info on the UK light blue Hot Fuss original pressing(s)?

I've found a somewhat fairly-priced copy and it's not numbered. I've seen people on Discogs mention that unnumbered copies exist. Any tell-tale signs I can look for that it's not a boot?

I've got numbered and un numbered originals plus all sorts of boots of the UK one. The boots come in all sorts of vinyl colours including some that are pretty close to the US blue and I haven't as yet seen a boot the same colour vinyl as the UK one but that doesn't mean they are not out there.

All the numbered boots are number 0168 and these were all done around 2011 as far as I know, the sleeve on these isn't bad colour wise but it doesn't look or feel as good as an original and with these earlier boots you do need to put a boot next to an original to see the difference colour wise but of course the number is the big give away (I'd hate to be the person with the original of 0168).

All the un numbered boots are quite a bit a lighter sleeve wise than the UK original and the printing is really poor on some of them so these are generally pretty easy to spot in the flesh and as i say I haven't seen one with the correct colour vinyl but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

You can pretty much date an un numbered boot from how light the sleeve is as they have got lighter and lighter as the years have gone on and all the newest ones are all un numbered but there is a hell of a lot of them about.

All of the original sleeves are a nice sky blue with the numbered boots being closest and the un numbered being quite a bit lighter with a bit of a greenish tint to them.

The cover shots people have used on Discogs on the boots are generally not good but this one is pretty indicative of a recent boot

https://www.discogs.com/Killers-Hot-Fuss/release/6924060

This one is correct for the original although the front shot looks to have been lightened up a bit, I have seen some this light that I can only assume have faded a bit in the sun light

https://www.discogs.com/The-Killers-Hot-Fuss/release/4863169

And this one behind the record is pretty indicative of an early 0168 boot.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Killers-Hot-Fuss/release/3161484

With this LP more than any other I don't think I'd buy an un numbered copy from the internet unless I was very sure of the seller and would ask a lot of questions, people can get very confused about it and with that many variations of boot around for this one I doubt there will be a UK re press but I expect there will be a US one at some point.

Hope that helps a bit

With this LP more than any other I don't think I'd buy an un numbered copy from the internet unless I was very sure of the seller and would ask a lot of questions, people can get very confused about it and with that many variations of boot around for this one I doubt there will be a UK re press but I expect there will be a US one at some point.

Hope that helps a bit

Thanks dude! That was extensive and definitely helped.

With the whole numbered/unnumbered thing I'm definitely going to stick to a silver foil US original pressing if I do wind up going for a copy. Finding one with a cover that isn't worn to hell has been somewhat of a challenge but I'll just continue to be patient. VG/VG+ copies seem to go for $140-160, anything in better shape starts to cost quite a bit more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Yeah it's real. I just saw it this morning. Hefty price tag though. 

http://www.bongloadrecords.com/#!product-detail-bl-61/quewc

Not going to lie, I thought that dude posting about Bong Load in the Beck was stretching the truth a bit, but it appears I was wrong. Sorry, Dude! 

Hmmmmm. Not sure I want to jump on this RIGHT now, as 5016 copies a lot, and $45 is a price that will make it more difficult for some to get on a whim. Who am I kidding... Going to preorder from BL now. BRB.

4 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Not going to lie, I thought that dude posting about Bong Load in the Beck was stretching the truth a bit, but it appears I was wrong. Sorry, Dude! 

Hmmmmm. Not sure I want to jump on this RIGHT now, as 5016 copies a lot, and $45 is a price that will make it more difficult for some to get on a whim. Who am I kidding... Going to preorder from BL now. BRB.

I know what you mean. I kind of want to wait also, but I have no clue about BL records. It sounds like it's an exclusive so it might not be available from other distributors.