Post a PIC Of Your Collection (Band or Label ONLY)

4 hours ago, EHughes527 said:

You try PMing the three users who are listed as "HAVE" on that discogs link? 

I've seen people want to help fill missing spots in big collections before. Worth a shot!

EDIT: This User has no other Black Flag releases listed in their collection. Offer a trade. It's probably not that near and dear to them.

The other user is clearly a collector. 

Good looking out, EHughes527. Way to get the back of a fellow VCer.

10 hours ago, impact said:

Thanks for the tip.

I have in the past, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again! =]

In fact, it doesn't hurt to send them a url of the collection pic either. Kinda of a "look what's missing" thing.

In the past, I've had more positive response to these kind of outreaches than not. But you do have to be aware of who you're dealing with.

Here's an example of how you could approach asking one of these guys:

Hello! 

I am reaching out to you because I see that you have a copy of a release that I have been looking ALL OVER for!

I see that your item is NOT listed for sale, but I thought I might as well ask. The worst you could say is 'no thanks'. 

I'd be looking to purchase this item from you. 

Thanks for humoring me! 

P.S. - if it makes any difference, I'm attempting to put together a complete variant collection.
Here's the current state of it: 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, freedumb said:

Just wondering what the largest band/artist LP collection that has been posted in this thread or that anyone might have?  

I'm not too sure, but I think I'm pretty up there for a single artist with about 65 back when the photos were taken. I'm up to 72 now. I'll be posting an update in a week or so. I think the NoFX collection was probably more cause there was a shit ton of 7"s. As well as that LtJ collection.

Edited by Dave Grohl

3 minutes ago, dnl said:

I have a little over 100 different/unique AFI records that I wanna post here one day. I need to figure out a way to do that.

Best way for me when it came to the LTJ photos, was separating in to groups of variants for the same record. So one photo would be two or three particular records and all the variants for those. And in my case on a bed. So whatever fit sensibly in that space. 

2 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

Best way for me when it came to the LTJ photos, was separating in to groups of variants for the same record. So one photo would be two or three particular records and all the variants for those. And in my case on a bed. So whatever fit sensibly in that space. 

You guys have given me an idea on how I should spend my weekend

22 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

Yea, I posted about 80% of my LTJ collection a little while back which is up to around 180-200 records now.

Yeah, that blows mine out of the water. I'm kind of glad I don't have a band with such a killer catalog. If I had to collect 200+ records I don't know what I'd do. Haha. Props.

30 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah, that blows mine out of the water. I'm kind of glad I don't have a band with such a killer catalog. If I had to collect 200+ records I don't know what I'd do. Haha. Props.

Thanks! Just checked the spread sheet haha. With all the Hello Rockview/Losing Streak reissues and new Astoria variants, I am officially up to 199 records haha. That's out of approximately 308 records, including around 30 compilation records. I know I'll never have a complete set bc of random pressing plant "errors" on some of the mixed color records but it's fun tracking down random stuff. Thankfully there aren't too many of the random "out of 5" type records.

4 hours ago, slinch said:

dude... that's a lot! :o I need to catch up.

Where did you pick up the Behind the Times test?

I bought it off someone who said Geoff gave it to them. Same person sold me the near mint copy of dork.

I've got 3 more incoming Nitro variants to add but I don't think I'll update these photos for a while. I had no idea what I was getting into trying to set up these photos. Took about 3 hours.

Edited by dnl

9 hours ago, dnl said:

I bought it off someone who said Geoff gave it to them. Same person sold me the near mint copy of dork.

I've got 3 more incoming Nitro variants to add but I don't think I'll update these photos for a while. I had no idea what I was getting into trying to set up these photos. Took about 3 hours.

Yeah, when I did my Caspian it took me almost four. I feel your pain. I think the last time I did it was October. I've gotten about ten since then (all super hard to find stuff), so I guess it's time for a new one. 

• jhulud locked this topic
  • jhulud unlocked this topic