Post a PIC Of Your Collection (Band or Label ONLY)

All of the variations of the first Suicidal Tendencies LP as of today. I'm sure they'll be sending me a couple new ones over the course of this year.

Nice! I've got a sort of smokey-clear one, but I think it's from the "random mix" pressing a few years ago and I'm sure you've got that one covered.

All of the variations of the first Suicidal Tendencies LP as of today. I'm sure they'll be sending me a couple new ones over the course of this year.

B_x7uOVUIAILES7.jpg

Beautiful! One of my favorite albums off all-time. Got the coke bottle green one, but I believe that's a common one.

Today i finally grabbed up the MOV pressing of dream theater's awake!...since their former drummer mike portnoy left i consider their new stuff to be mainly shit so you could call this a collection of their 'golden days'...all opinion of course haha!

Foto%2013.02.15%2012%2044%2048_zpsnmqpaz

Honestly, I haven't listened to anything "newer" since Systematic Chaos, but I can't take you serious after including Octavarium, Train of Thought and FII into DT's "Golden Days"....and Portnoy is a douche! He should form a new douche-band with Daniel Gildenlöw...

Nothing - Guilty Of Everything

First Press:

1250 x Black Standard Gram  (incoming)
750 x White Standard Gram 
500 x Black/White Half and Half Standard Gram Deluxe version with die cut and slipmat

100 x Clear Standard Gram 

Second Press:

500 x White/Black/White Tri-Color Standard Gram w/ Reverse Color Cover Art 

Third Press:

1700 x Red w/ red Color Cover Art

300 x Red/Black/Red Striped w/ red Color Cover Art
300 x Pink

OIXEF24.jpg

924138_617565095055445_1582664253_n.jpg

Did this for the No Sleep U Turn contest and I don't know If I will ever get all of my no sleep releases out like this again so here is my no sleep collection...probably 95% of everything they have released since 2010 till now...

This is fuckin' awesome. I'm working my way toward all of their 2014 releases right now, and I have all 2015 releases thus far. Unfortunately I've never been able to subscribe.

I laid all this out and after I put it away I realized I forgot my Rutabega split EP, ah well. Here's my Owen collection:

5ZryS38.jpg

Nice! A few years ago I took a posted a pic of my entire Mike collection on Instagram. I should update it since he's released 4 things since then, because he's awesome like that.

Honestly, I haven't listened to anything "newer" since Systematic Chaos, but I can't take you serious after including Octavarium, Train of Thought and FII into DT's "Golden Days"....and Portnoy is a douche! He should form a new douche-band with Daniel Gildenlöw...

I grew out of portnoy as well since he left. But he is a fantastic drummer and was one of the two heads of the band since the beginning...and propably it's even his fault that they decided to go in a more mainstreamy metal direction away from the progresssive stuff...but still: he made the concepts and the lyrical ideas for most of their good stuff.

And like i said, it's like with all music..all opinion

While you think octavarium is a bad album i think the concept, the execution, the songwriting and the producion are actually fucking amazing...DTs last good album in my opinion.

On the other hand, even if i consider images and words to be one of the greatest albums of all time, i think that awake is a little bit of a letdown after such a sonic masterpiece. I talked to a few people about this who think awake is DTs best. I just don't seem to grow into it completely.

Knowing that, there are obviosly completely different tastes. And thats just fine. There are people who like 'a dramatic turn of events' and 'self titled' more than their old stuff...and i don't understand that neither, but it's totally fine man!

Here’s a collection of one-off 10" & LP lathe cut records I had made (under The Gristlejaw Pressing Co. moniker). They were a Christmas present from my wife (even though I was the one spending many, many hours on making sure the music was spot on and creating/retrofitting the artwork for the covers, center labels and the inserts -- She just gave the ok to spend the $).  It was definitely a blast going through the process of having these lathe-cuts made and definitely rewarding opening the package and spinning each one for the first time. Having properly printed jackets with full color art and custom matrix etchings really completes the package for me.

I’ve read on here people knocking lathe cuts, but my experience with these particular records cut by Walt Hill and Jonathan Berlin at (local FL-based) Twin Hill Studios was nothing short of positive.  The sound quality is that of a normally pressed record except for a little higher surface noise that could only be heard in the lead-in/-out grooves and during really quiet parts.  The recordings: A few were from my old label that was only released on CD. The others are demos or unreleased recordings from local bands that I love and that are 10 years old or older (with no vinyl release in sight). The Bridgeburne_r songs were released on a German label as CD only.  

Here's the 10"s

Bridgeburne  r - What Do You Know About Bridgeburne  r? 10" clear vinyl

1/1, Lathe cut, fictional group featuring Damien Moyal, Kaleb Stewart (As Friends Rust) Eric Simmerer (Speak 714) & Bill Clower (Radon); CD released on Genet Records008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

The Everybodies - self titled 10" clear vinyl

1/1, Lathe cut, features: Brent Wilson (Radon), Jeff London (King Friday, Fay Wray), Addison Burns (Quit, Ship Theives), Dan Bonebrake (Fay Wray, Dashboard Confessional)

020.jpg

021.jpg

Rumbleseat - Rock Versions 10" clear vinyl

1/1, Lathe cut, features unreleased full band/electric 'rock versions'; featuring Bill Clower (Radon) on drums

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

Here's the LP's

Ash County Sluggers - self titled LP black vinyl

1/1, Lathe cut, Gainesville group featuring Brent Wilson and Bill Clower (Radon), Randy Brownell (Don's Ex-girlfriend) and Chris Campisi (Highway 66, Lazy Slobs); CD originally released on Hazzard Records/Soo Intense Records (HR-03 / SIR-003)

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

Pink Lincolns - No Lo Siento LP 180+gr. clear vinyl

1/1, Lathe cut, PL's final studio album; CD released on Hazzard Records in 2005

005.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg002.jpg

Radon - 222 LP black vinyl

1/1, Lathe cut, Unreleased '222' recordings featuring Dave Rohm, Bill Clower & James Ross (Beltones)

009.jpg

010.jpg

The cool thing about the Radon 222 cover - My wife and I are actually in the live photo (silver) on the front cover. :)

I always read this thread when it's bumped and it's probably my favorite on this site. All of your collections are incredible. This doesn't really compare with the complete collections on here; it's incomplete release and variant wise, but this is the first time I've gotten all of these out for a picture. Never used to have the extra money to start a variant collection, but recently that's changed and I'm really excited to finally be able to work on this:
My La Dispute collection-

2015_03_29_01_49_05.jpg

I'm missing a LOT of things, and it's going to be a long, long road, but I've had a lot of fun doing this. The main reason I wanted to post this is because I want to thank everyone that's helped me out so far. I've met great, honest people in trades and sales, and love connecting with people that love these albums as much as I do. You guys have seriously been amazing.

So far, I've got:

Rooms of the House- 1st press
Blue- /1000
Blue/Purple swirl- /1000
Black- /3000

Wildlife

1st Press Clear Deluxe /250 (incoming)
1st Press Dark Red/Clear /500

1st Press Grey/Clear /1000 (incoming)
3rd Press Yellow Tour Press /168

5th Press Forest Green/Cream Starburst /600

6th Press Transparent Purple /1500

Cassette /200

Somewhere at the Bottom...
1st Press Clear/Black (No Etching) /500
2nd Press Light Green & White Marble/ Black /500

9th Press Orange /880
10th Press Dark Blue /1000
12th Press Transparent Purple /1000

Split with Touché Amoré

RSD White 26/48

3rd Press Black /2000
5th Press Transparent Blue /1000

Split with Koji
1st Press Purple /500

A Comp for Mom
1st Press Red 630/1075

Still looking for: Too many things to list.
I've got pictures of each individual release on my deadformat if anyone is interested.

Can't wait for the day I can post my finished collection here. Once again, thank you to everyone who's helped me with this so far! You're amazing. :)

Here’s a collection of one-off 10" & LP lathe cut records I had made (under The Gristlejaw Pressing Co. moniker). They were a Christmas present from my wife (even though I was the one spending many, many hours on making sure the music was spot on and creating/retrofitting the artwork for the covers, center labels and the inserts -- She just gave the ok to spend the $).  It was definitely a blast going through the process of having these lathe-cuts made and definitely rewarding opening the package and spinning each one for the first time. Having properly printed jackets with full color art and custom matrix etchings really completes the package for me.

I’ve read on here people knocking lathe cuts, but my experience with these particular records cut by Walt Hill and Jonathan Berlin at (local FL-based) Twin Hill Studios was nothing short of positive.  The sound quality is that of a normally pressed record except for a little higher surface noise that could only be heard in the lead-in/-out grooves and during really quiet parts.  The recordings: A few were from my old label that was only released on CD. The others are demos or unreleased recordings from local bands that I love and that are 10 years old or older (with no vinyl release in sight). The Bridgeburne_r songs were released on a German label as CD only.  

Here's the 10"s

Bridgeburne  r - What Do You Know About Bridgeburne  r? 10" clear vinyl

1/1, Lathe cut, fictional group featuring Damien Moyal, Kaleb Stewart (As Friends Rust) Eric Simmerer (Speak 714) & Bill Clower (Radon); CD released on Genet Records008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

The Everybodies - self titled 10" clear vinyl

1/1, Lathe cut, features: Brent Wilson (Radon), Jeff London (King Friday, Fay Wray), Addison Burns (Quit, Ship Theives), Dan Bonebrake (Fay Wray, Dashboard Confessional)

020.jpg

021.jpg

Rumbleseat - Rock Versions 10" clear vinyl

1/1, Lathe cut, features unreleased full band/electric 'rock versions'; featuring Bill Clower (Radon) on drums

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

I would pay a lot for one of this Rumbleseat records. This looks awesome. Well done!!!

• jhulud locked this topic
  • jhulud unlocked this topic