Coalesce test pressings

Guest scriptedrain

With test pressings, is there anything ever wrong with the sound or songs on the record? It is, afterall, called a test, I hope my question isn't a stupid one though lol

- Jeff

With test pressings, is there anything ever wrong with the sound or songs on the record? It is, afterall, called a test, I hope my question isn't a stupid one though lol

- Jeff

there can be errors with test presses. they are made for the label/band to listen to before all the copies get made so they can be sure everything is where its supposed to be. if there is an error the tests are usually returned to the plant. also from an audiophile standpoint tests are the best version you will get since they are the first records pressed from the stampers.

- Jeff

Unless it's a rejected test it will be the same as all the other pressings of the record, although due to the plate being brand new it could be said that it's the "best" pressing as far as depth of grooves/sound.

I wonder if these are straight from Sean's collection.

- Jeff

As I learned on this board, test pressings are actually the best quality of a record you'll ever get -- they're the first ones cut and the ones which all other records are duplicated from. So these are actually the best-sounding records you can get.

i never have any test press item and i can't buy this one because i have many items in my wish list for this month.althrough Sean Ingram is one of my favourite screamer.

and the price is over than i ever promise with myself that i won't pay more than 100 bucks for one record.

i should burn my karma....

i never have any test press item and i can't buy this one because i have many items in my wish list for this month.althrough Sean Ingram is one of my favourite screamer.

and the price is over than i ever promise with myself that i won't pay more than 100 bucks for one record.

i should burn my karma....

its easy for me to say no to these because of the prices... haha.