new amsterdams on vinyl?

tim

Anybody have any idea why the only New Amsterdams album that is available on vinyl is "Worse for the Wear"? Granted, it's my favourite of their albums, but it irritates me that I can't get any of their others.

This post is prompted by the fact that the new/reissued album doesn't seem to be available on vinyl either, and I don't want to have to buy it on CD. Compared to the myriad Get Up Kids vinyl, the New Amsterdams catalogue is very neglected. And I actually like the latter more than the former...

Guest scriptedrain

I know how you feel. I own the first 4 albums on CD (I didn't buy Killed or Cured this year just because Matt offered it as a free download 2 years ago and since then I've listened to it a handful of times) but none of the vinyl. "Worse for the Wear" is my favorite as well, but it'd be nice to own them all. They should release them as a set like Polyvinyl did for Owen.

- Jeff

I know how you feel. I own the first 4 albums on CD (I didn't buy Killed or Cured this year just because Matt offered it as a free download 2 years ago and since then I've listened to it a handful of times) but none of the vinyl. "Worse for the Wear" is my favorite as well, but it'd be nice to own them all. They should release them as a set like Polyvinyl did for Owen.

- Jeff

I had gotten the free download as well and it was pretty sweet. However, it wasn't until recently that I realized he released Killed or Cured for sale as a double album with the original (Killed) and a rather different version of all the same songs (Cured) which has a much more upbeat feel overall. Once I realized this I decided to buy it. But yeah, I've only ever heard word on Worse for the Wear, though I imagine any of their albums would have great sound on vinyl.

So "Killed Or Cured" is good? I want to get it. I decided that I can't really afford to continue buying CDs as well as vinyl. I've never been into illegal downloading, but I've started to figure that if I buy the record on vinyl, I'll download the digital for my ipod. On the other hand, I own the other New Amsterdams CDs so it would be nicer to have the physical disc to complete that collection. Dilemmas...

So "Killed Or Cured" is good? I want to get it. I decided that I can't really afford to continue buying CDs as well as vinyl. I've never been into illegal downloading, but I've started to figure that if I buy the record on vinyl, I'll download the digital for my ipod. On the other hand, I own the other New Amsterdams CDs so it would be nicer to have the physical disc to complete that collection. Dilemmas...

I know the feeling of wanting the physical disc for a collection. Over the years I've stopped organizing anything but my vinyl, so it wasn't hard to bring myself to just download it. I don't entirely feel it was worth buying, but getting it free would be a different story.

Guest Admin

emusic has all of the vagrant titles so that is always an inexpensive, legit way to get new amsterdams' music that you don't already own.

I would love to have all of their albums on vinyl. I love everything Matt Pryor does.

well when the new ams were on vagrant i asked matt if more releases were coming out on vinyl and he said "thats up the vag now, they arent so into vinyl anymore"

so yeah, he had to apparently beg them to get worse for the wear on vinyl and even then they only did a run on really cheap flimsy black vinyl

so maybe now they arent restricted to vagrant you might see some more vinyl releases from them

emusic has all of the vagrant titles so that is always an inexpensive, legit way to get new amsterdams' music that you don't already own.

I would love to have all of their albums on vinyl. I love everything Matt Pryor does.

I used to be an emusic member when they had that 'unlimited download' kind of monthly subscription. Since (I don't believe) they do that anymore, I feel that if I am going to pay for music, I want to have a physical copy of it.