Media Mail

Guest Admin

Media mail is a curse and a blessing. It allows us to offer really inexpensive shipping options to US customers, but it can sometimes take a while. Our being in Colorado and it being central to most areas helps to get our orders there quicker. Also, we use stamps.com and delivery confirmation so I think that helps the speed a bit.

I can't believe that No Idea ships their mailorder without delivery confirmation and they hand write all of their packages. I think the fact that they are in the southeast corner of the United STates makes it have to travel that much further to us West Coasters.

Overall, I think Media Mail is good, but there are those situations where packages take a while.

I don't hate media mail at all. Yeah, it takes a while, but that makes the records that much better when they're finally in my grubby hands. Plus, like Virgil said, it is so inexpensive. I wish places like interpunk offered media mail, I'd sacrifice the speed of delivery to not have to shell out insane amounts for shipping. ($6.50 for one LP, bleh!) The only beef i have with media is when I'm shipping something and people hassle me about it taking so long.

Can't really add much more about it than what Virgil said. Running a label Media Mail is a god-send. Especially since it pretty much stayed the same and the rest of the postage for stuff went sky-high.

In my experience with it, ordering stuff from No Idea (florida) and Deep Elm (south and north carolina) and me living in California, I've got my stuff in between 5-7 business days on average. Sometimes I've gotten it in like 2 from DE. My last No Idea order took closer to a week and a half or so.