BRANDTSON Dial In Sounds Tests - LAST COPY UP NOW

it did line up with his holiday sales, but what's your problem with this guy pushing his record? weren't you one of the people saying that with the coop jealous sound album it just needs pushed more? that's what this guy is doing. he has a new label and is trying to carve out his own little niche. stop talking down to him for selling tests, which i would guess he is using to cover his expenses and fund more releases. he's not a No Idea, Asian Man, or VC, so his stuff doesn't sell itself yet. maybe in time it will.

and my problem is you generally come off as a tremendous prick in threads like these. you seem to think you know all and everyone's opinion or viewpoint is worthless but your own. plus, you always have to have a fight going with someone to make your board experience worthwhile. i ignore about 90% of the threads like this where you do something like that, but this one seemed more dickish than usual. if you don't like the album or what the guy is doing, just don't read the topic or post in it. don't come in and say he "makes you feel uncomfortable" and that he's "shoving it down people's throats". i thought you would have learned from the whole vinyldownloads/deadformat shitstorm you started to keep your mouth shut, you represent a semi-respected magazine and to some people who aren't regulars your words carry some extra weight. when you defame a label or company, it matters a little more when you do it than some idiot with a keyboard like myself does it. for all people know, i can be sitting in the woods butt naked fucking small animals and building mailbombs while stealing wifi off some nearby house. you're sitting in a office and are paid to cover this shit.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it did line up with his holiday sales, but what's your problem with this guy pushing his record? weren't you one of the people saying that with the coop jealous sound album it just needs pushed more? that's what this guy is doing. he has a new label and is trying to carve out his own little niche. stop talking down to him for selling tests, which i would guess he is using to cover his expenses and fund more releases. he's not a No Idea, Asian Man, or VC, so his stuff doesn't sell itself yet. maybe in time it will.

and my problem is you generally come off as a tremendous prick in threads like these. you seem to think you know all and everyone's opinion or viewpoint is worthless but your own. plus, you always have to have a fight going with someone to make your board experience worthwhile. i ignore about 90% of the threads like this where you do something like that, but this one seemed more dickish than usual. if you don't like the album or what the guy is doing, just don't read the topic or post in it. don't come in and say he "makes you feel uncomfortable" and that he's "shoving it down people's throats". i thought you would have learned from the whole vinyldownloads/deadformat shitstorm you started to keep your mouth shut, you represent a semi-respected magazine and to some people who aren't regulars your words carry some extra weight. when you defame a label or company, it matters a little more when you do it than some idiot with a keyboard like myself does it. for all people know, i can be sitting in the woods butt naked fucking small animals and building mailbombs while stealing wifi off some nearby house. you're sitting in a office and are paid to cover this shit.

try not to fuck squirrels, them motherfuckers is ruthless. lol

I don't know how I came off as a prick. I voiced my opinion, just like you're doing now. The only difference is I'm not attacking anyone personally, whereas you're going for my jugular.

Nowhere on my profile does it say what I do for a living. Anyone who comes here and sees what I write would have no idea that it's "the official word from the music editor of AP." I don't understand why I'm not allowed to have dissenting opinions just because a few more people know who I am than you.

And guess what? KYLEWILLIAM is the one who told me Nick/Deadformat stole his shit. I'm sick of taking the heat for that; KW told me he was gonna post to clear it up, and he never did, thereby throwing me under the bus. So if we're gonna get into it, let's get into it.

A couple things:

1. Can we get back to the point? If you want to have the argument, why is it weird/wrong to sell the TPs whenever the owner of a label wants?

2. Not to really take a side, but Scott, anyone who has been on this board for more than a week knows what you do.

Nonetheless, I don't see the problem in how the TPs are going to be handled.

whoa! go out for a beer, go to sleep, wake up, look what i missed!

the record was released on feb 24. perhaps if the label i licensed from let me do presales, it would seem a lot earlier. nonetheless, it's been a month and half. I was unaware that a certain amount of time had to elapse before selling test presses. Tons of labels put up test presses before the release is out. In fact most tests I have gotten have been like this.

not that it's any of your business, but i have a lot of money to make up, and i'm not doing ANYTHING to screw anyone. i am trying to make back as much of the cost as i can. if people want a test, they'll buy one. if they don't (you), they won't. i'm not expecting to get anywhere near breaking even. And I care a lot more about getting as close to breaking even as i can than i do about one person thinking i am being rude by selling them a month and a half after release.

do you have any idea how many PM's i got? "when are you selling the tests?" "can i just buy a test now?" Most people don't like waiting for something they want. I really don't understand your concern, but I am sorry if I missed something.

This is my second cover by Joe over at Ohio Pride as well as some custom work that should be arriving soon!

I'm winning!

Your are not even close to me I am going to post a picture soon of my entire Johio Cover Collection including some draft's and Custom Covers he did for me........it will be epic!