Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

This doesn't surprise me, especially after they were selling empty boxes to put the bootleg CD's in. 
I admit these look nice, but the prices are worthy of the ridicule. I can't even imagine how much it would cost shipped to Canada.

Maybe if they drop the prices and have them at the merch tables on the upcoming tour, I might considering picking it up. 

Maybe if they drop the prices and have them at the merch tables on the upcoming tour, I might considering picking it up. 

This would make a lot of sense. I'm guessing this will be a made to order run though.

Also, was glad to see them making the ear plugs with cases available on the upcoming tour, but because it's in any way a collectible item associated with this band, I expect it to be impossible to obtain them. 

I think after 25 years, it's been made abundantly clear. The band do what they want, when they want, the way that they want.

At this point they know people want reissues. But they also know that they will sell whenever they decide to get around to them.

The cynical part of me also thinks that the band thinks if people bought them when they were originally available, there wouldn't be as much complaining and they don't want to kowtow to the hip demand.

They pushed vinyl for years. If you hopped on the train then, great! If not, well you snooze you lose. Like I said, cynical. I really think its a matter of the band wanting to put their energies in other things and they will do vinyl reissues when it comes time to celebrate anniversaries of albums. 

The cynical part of me also thinks that the band thinks if people bought them when they were originally available, there wouldn't be as much complaining and they don't want to kowtow to the hip demand.

That's not cynicism, that's Pearl Jam. One of my favorite bands of all time, but a band that deliberately tried to move away from their signature sound and a band that deliberately eschewed MTV and videos very early on in their career. They constantly attempt to go against the grain. One can argue about the actual degree or their success rate, but in their minds, they try. The only time I can recall them cowing to public opinion was when they stopped performing at Ticketmaster venues to protest their monopoly and exorbitant fees. When the fan base was being shut out of shows and made known their displeasure, PJ went back on their word and played those venues again. Otherwise, they fancy themselves the shepherd not the sheep.

• 2 months later...

So I guess something is happening in Nashville tonight. They sold their Bonnaroo poster at Grimy's this morning and the first 25 buyers gave their contact info upon purchase. 

People are speculating a show at Third Man tonight. TMR has a placeholder on their calendar for tonight. And seeing that jack and Eddie are baseball buddies and Mike interviewed Jack for PJ radio, maybe something is happening. 

Hopefully it nets us a Live at TMR LP.

7 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

So I guess something is happening in Nashville tonight. They sold their Bonnaroo poster at Grimy's this morning and the first 25 buyers gave their contact info upon purchase. 

People are speculating a show at Third Man tonight. TMR has a placeholder on their calendar for tonight. And seeing that jack and Eddie are baseball buddies and Mike interviewed Jack for PJ radio, maybe something is happening. 

Hopefully it nets us a Live at TMR LP.

I'm not even a huge PJ fan but I'd be down for that.