Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

12 minutes ago, merlecakes said:

Maybe I’m not as die hard as I thought I was as a Cubs fan. But it was cool the first time, and I guess still the second time because of Let’s Play Two, but I would be fine if they never played there again.  Baseball fields suck for concerts.

Better than football stadiums imo. I still had a great time on the field for both the Let's Play Two shows and GA for the "Away" shows at Wrigley last year

3 minutes ago, merlecakes said:

To each his own.  Don’t get me wrong, I still had a great time.  But I’d prefer the UC again.

Especially with the UC's new GA system (they start passing out wristbands around 8 or 9am, then you come back an hour before doors), I'd prefer that too!

21 hours ago, bear801 said:

They’re an embarassing fanbase.  I love the band but their hugeness and cult status has bred some psychos.   I’ve collected their show posters for twenty years and i constantly have to leave their message board for months at a time because i can't handle these people and their meltdowns. 

Go to a Vedder show.  In between songs it’s nothing but 40 yr old men and women screaming about the Cubs or whatever Eddie likes.   They also like to read into the most trivial things and freak out that the band is over.    Again, i love that band but i only have one friend from that entire hardcore fanbase.  

This. I'm a relatively younger fan of the band and the behaviour of these supposed "adults" boggles my mind. I went to 8 of their European shows last year, didn't get a poster to any (wasn't willing to wait all day at the venue) and still couldn't care less. In previous years that might have annoyed me, but you get over it.

Now you see grown-ass people nearly coming to blows for posters and whatever other merch they put out and reduce themselves to begging when they don't get it. Unbelievable.

19 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

Better than football stadiums imo. I still had a great time on the field for both the Let's Play Two shows and GA for the "Away" shows at Wrigley last year

Same. I'm happy they play there even if its not an ideal venue. I'd take the UC too, but summer in Wrigley is heaven.

5 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I mean, its money for charity. I can't knock them for that.

No, I get that. I guess it seems like it's going to make it more impossible to get form 10c with the hype this attracts. If they were smart they would do another color of 100 and sell all of them on ebay for the foundation. They would make $$$ from the hardcore people with lots of disposable income. If I don't get the 10c version it won't be the end of the world. I have many live recordings of PJ.

33 minutes ago, jhulud said:

We need a text/message group or something for shit like this.

As long as my computer is running I get a text within seconds of new things getting added to pj's vinyl or featured pages. I can always make sure to post here once I get my order completed like I did for the Mad Season records. But if we can find a way to mass text each other when stuff goes up I'm all for it. The plugin/app i use only allows for x amount of texts a month so I can't really use that to text other people besides me.

• 1 month later...