Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

I really dig it. Love the Talking Head/Bowie/Reflektor vibes. I’m happy they took a risk here. Even if it’s the outlier on the LP, the best PJ is where they push out of their comfort zone. 

seems like this song is generally well received outside of the PJ world too. (Going by twitter comments and Sterogums comment section)

39 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I really dig it. Love the Talking Head/Bowie/Reflektor vibes. I’m happy they took a risk here. Even if it’s the outlier on the LP, the best PJ is where they push out of their comfort zone. 

seems like this song is generally well received outside of the PJ world too. (Going by twitter comments and Sterogums comment section)

Very Talking Heads inspired.

Really enjoying this song. Some people will be really annoyed with this direction, which is a good thing. They are pushing it and it's refreshing. Plus, I love the Talking Heads and never thought PJ would ever have a song that sounded anything like this.

I am liking the new song. It's definitely different and unexpected and I am diggin' it. This leaves me with a better feeling of expectations for the new album. When "Sirens" was released as the lead-off single for Lightning Bolt...I got to truly despise it...still despise the song.

After going to 4 of them, I've become pretty anti-stadium shows, and was hoping they would either do arenas or amphitheaters when they come back up here. But with how tough it seems to be to get tickets to these arena shows (I don't remember 2013 being this bad), I'd happily go to Fenway again if it wasn't such a headache. 

22 minutes ago, webdoggy said:

Ticketmaster screwed me yet again. Waited in the queue as soon as I could. 2000+ in front of me from the get go. Finally got in 10 minutes after they opened up. Nothing but seats behind the stage; and few of that. 

What venue were you going for? If you were going for MSG you were kinda already screwed from the beginning. NY has a law that says that people must be allowed to sell their tickets, which makes it easy for scalpers to be shitholes.

1 hour ago, webdoggy said:

St Louis

I did get tickets for this St Louis show and Yes it is behind the stage.  I was behind the stage when Pearl Jam was at Minneapolis from couple years back and I thought it was cool that they played a couple of songs facing towards us, my wife especially as they played 'Last Kiss'  So  yeah I don't mind sitting behind the stage, and at least its closer too for seeing the band.  But yeah I agree, getting tickets especially on bigger venues is a scam.  Having pre-sale tickets don't help either, from artists fan club to credit card member only pre-sale, it'll be all gone until it goes to public.  I'm not fan enough to join 10club and I live in the middle of Iowa where they always skip over this state ¯\_(ツ)_/¯