Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

I was a 10C member all the way back in the early 90s (and I have the Christmas singles to prove it). Eventually I left, probably around the time they took 2 years to ship a Christmas single. But I rejoined in the 2010s and got a handful of good deals (nice discount on the Vs box, grabbing the now expensive fist Vault release). I never got lucky with any of the super-limited drops though. I DID score on that RSD Mystery Vinyl sale, though, so I can't complain.

But in the end, I live in a part of America that's not Chicago/Boston/Philly/NYC/Hawaii/the West Coast. Meaning Pearl Jam basically play a show near me every decade or so. It doesn't make sense to sub to 10C every year when I'm only buying tickets that infrequently, especially once they stopped doing Christmas singles. I ended my membership with the final single. No regrets so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Moline Vault 10 right before my membership expired, but I think everyone can buy one now...

I have not decided whether I want to renew.

I need to wait until I get paid next weekend, see if I can keep my seniority from 1999 and take it from there.

Edited by Plarocks

10 hours ago, Plarocks said:

I bought the Moline Vault 10 right before my membership expired, but I think everyone can buy one now...

I have not decided whether I want to renew.

I need to wait until I get paid next weekend, see if I can keep my seniority from 1999 and take it from there.

The US store still says members only. The UK store is available for everyone, but it is $152 to ship! 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jhulud said:

2020 10C purple vinyl of TEN. Sold out already. 

https://shop.pearljam.com/products/2020-pearl-jam-ten-purple-vinyl?variant=37407411830974

But notice the sticker on it is for Target Exclusive. So....hmmmmmm.

Yeah, that sold out way too fast to make much sense otherwise. 

Yes. I hope this is easy to get at Target. Fucking hate paying the ridiculous shipping prices that 10C charges.

At least they are finally pressing those fan club singles, so people will stop bitching about it. I think I went digital right before they stopped shipping them out. Hope they have them for purchase in the store. Looks like a Tom Petty thing and the other looks like a picture of Chris.

14 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Yes. I hope this is easy to get at Target. Fucking hate paying the ridiculous shipping prices that 10C charges.

At least they are finally pressing those fan club singles, so people will stop bitching about it. I think I went digital right before they stopped shipping them out. Hope they have them for purchase in the store. Looks like a Tom Petty thing and the other looks like a picture of Chris.

One is an EV single with Wildflowers and that Warren Zevon song. The other is PJ doing the CC song Missing live and then Stone covering Hunted Down. they put out the mp3s back in March.

2 hours ago, demetrios said:

Mine was $18.99 USD to Canada.

These are now up @ https://www.target.com/p/pearl-jam---ten--target-exclusive--vinyl-/-/A-81177460 .

Target no longer ships outside the USA.

Weird, it showed $29.99 USD for "standard international shipping" as the only option for me.

Also $11 USD to ship just the Toronto sticker lol

The thing about 10C is that they know exactly what they're doing with their wording and not just for this release. Sometimes it's funny seeing people freaking out, but more and more they just seem like dicks. Their newly adopted use of "variant" to determine CD or Vinyl was intentional fuckery. I ended up buying another Unplugged, because I thought it "might" be an actual variant color.

We all know that 10C members on the forums are pretty awful. Although their complaints about shipping charges are totally valid.  But 10C brings that on themselves by doing stuff like this and intentionally giving the most limited information possible about everything they put out. They know their fans are suckers and milk it.

I think the reality of the club is this, its run by 2-3 people and they have another few people working for them. Its a small operation that generates a lot of money but ultimately is a pretty thankless job.  On top of that, their bosses (the band) seem to be pretty checked out when it comes to things (maybe its not the case, but it certainly tracks with comments from interviews) club related. So that leads to gaps in communication (delayed singles, ticket issues, whatever). 

I think the band wanted a Fugazi type thing, but the reality is they are a huge band type thing and those 2 just don't mesh well. It doesn't help matters that in the early days (90-00) the band had empowered the fanbase and made it seem like theres a special back and forth, with reveals meant to be surprising or of the moment, but then when things cooled down with the band after leaving Sony, and having to do EVERYTHING themselves menat someone had to get shortchanged. And many cases it was the fans because they were expecting the same level of engagement. The fans became somewhat entitled.

Its a weird situation. I think they do the best they can (the club), but yeah, they don't communicate their intentions very well and it leads to problems that of course will be blown out of proportion by fans. 

Edited by timsimmons

All over a vinyl that is and has been widely available, just in a different color.  

I get carried away as well.  I wouldn’t be on this forum if I didn’t.  But if I were to get as upset as some people are about not getting this purple record, I’d seriously have to consider giving up the hobby.  The stress would have surpassed any joy the it would’ve brought me.  

But to each their own.