Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

4 hours ago, merlecakes said:

All over a vinyl that is and has been widely available, just in a different color.  

I get carried away as well.  I wouldn’t be on this forum if I didn’t.  But if I were to get as upset as some people are about not getting this purple record, I’d seriously have to consider giving up the hobby.  The stress would have surpassed any joy the it would’ve brought me.  

But to each their own.

It is their best after all. .😱

11 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Did 10C change their carting & check-out system? 

Also...$10 for a 7" + $7 shipping?!?!...Ridiculous. 

Additionally...when the fuck are they going to accept Paypal?!?!...I don't always have my wallet on me

/Rant

Top 30 Taylor Swift Eye Roll GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

And you have to buy the digital separately? Their shipping has always been horrible though

22 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Did 10C change their carting & check-out system? 

Also...$10 for a 7" + $7 shipping?!?!...Ridiculous. 

Additionally...when the fuck are they going to accept Paypal?!?!...I don't always have my wallet on me

/Rant

The shop has been this new way for a while. I was actually surprised that shipping wasn't as much as the record. They refuse to ship USPS media mail even though whatever courier service>USPS they use takes just as long.  My favorite part about their music and posters is that if you order multiples, it has to be in different orders, so you get to double up that shipping.

Their shop is one of a handful of sites that I let my browser store my credit card info for as sometimes stuff just sells out by the time i manually enter it.

And I feel like Paypal offers too many buyer protections for them. So they'd probably have way more people trying to return stuff and would have no option but to accept it if.

26 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Got that purple Ten this morning. It's in a special holiday display. They didn't have the Folklore red, for whatever reason. I also got some toilet paper, since people are evidently hoarding again. Fucking humans.

I checked my local Target earlier and they hadn't put them out yet. Debating on going to the other one to see, but I already have it on black, so I don't really *need* it. 

1 hour ago, Sad Heart said:

I checked my local Target earlier and they hadn't put them out yet. Debating on going to the other one to see, but I already have it on black, so I don't really *need* it. 

Some people are finding them in the LPs, some in special displays by holiday areas, or womens' and children's clothing, or right by the registers. Also some stores are saying they aren't supposed to put them out until the 22nd? It is really a mess. But a good 25 Target stores within 50 miles of me show as having it in stock, so they must have pressed a ton of these like normal.

I’d say they pressed a minimum 5,000.  I am in targets at least three times a day for work and after talking to someone they only came on the shipper which some stores set early and others will set Sunday.  If they ended back in with the rest of the lps they probably set it early and people were denied buying them due to the street date and they just kept them in the electronic stock room until today.  It is kind of laughable that all these people keep posting buying like 6 copies because the only way these things will be hard to find is if the same people keep buying them up thinking they are rare, which since tenclub sold out so fast people probably think they are.  I am waiting for the obscene trade offers of purple tens for like Lost Dogs or some shit

To be fair he probably doesn’t know and those guys are so sick of dealing with collectors and resellers right now that they are saying the easiest thing to end conversations.   I am not even sure if they stock them, it might be a third party.  Just from talking to them everyday I know they are pretty much sick of dealing with questions about sports cards, gaming systems and collectibles.

i just kind of find it hard to believe that every store just got like 8 on a shipper for pre Black Friday and that is it, but I could be wrong

Sorry to add more but the thing is they are creating a frenzy that was kind of unnecessary but now everyone who works at target knows these are resealable which will make them that much harder to get because employees and employee friends will be buying them up like they do with the Pokémon/trading cards

My store had 1 in that b2g1 Black Friday display in the children’s clothes section. So random. I’m glad the app actually said that cause I probably wouldn’t have seen it. 

My other target has it if you want one, Juan. Looks like you can get them online as well. If you can’t for some odd reason I’ll grab you one. 

On 11/20/2020 at 5:24 PM, lexicondevil said:

A guy on 10C said at one of his Targets he asked the worker if they would be restocking it and he said no. Just one guy's account from an underpaid worker, so who knows?

I'm sure that they get tons of questions about legos, funkos, and other collectibles that some people are just buying to throw on ebay.