Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

4 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

As much as I love Chris Cornell, I just can't get into this release. None of these songs do anything for me except for Patience and Nothing Compares. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

No Code on clear.  

https://shop.pearljam.com/products/2021-pearl-jam-no-code-clear-vinyl-reissue

The wording  "This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release and the first time the album is being mastered specifically for vinyl, by Grammy Award-winning engineer Bob Ludwig." is maybe a holdover from the first reissue, because this isn't the first time it's been available...

For all the bitching and moaning over at 10C right now...they do bring up a good point.

I guess the announcement on the release was made on social media first and the boards and THEN later the email that went out. It's a good point that not everyone are 24/7 glued to their social media and by the time the email blast went out...which is always late...a lot of people missed out. 

Saw it on a retweet, surprised I got one.

the board is pissed.  I get it but you can’t have everything plus look at the purple Target variant.  Everyone was losing their minds, complaining, buying as many copies as possible and now you can literally find them in almost any Target.  I would guess there is more going on with NO Code then this short pre order.   Let’s be honest if everyone could get one the same people complaining would then be complaining about shipping

I saw it around 12:50 and was going to pass as I figured it was just another purple Ten situation with huge amounts pressed. Then I saw Santos post on the 10C forum that only 200 were left around 30 minutes later. I never see him post info like that so I snagged one right before they sold out. From order numbers it looks like maybe around 4k  sold. 

Not a bad PJ week for me. A fully signed copy of Lightning Bolt just shipped out to me from a very reliable source.

Edited by fish

8 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I guess my gripe is why couldn't they have offered it to 10C subscribers and kept an open order for 24 hours? Dischord did that for their 7" box set. They kept it open for a whole month.

They could’ve any band could do it.  Just because Dischord does something doesn’t mean everyone has to because does that mean they have to do it for every release.   I’d love it if everyone followed Ian’s models but it just isn’t realistic.   They do do that for the vault and then people still bitch about shipping times/costs.  It doesn’t matter what they do they cannot win with a chunk of their fan base especially since they have more I need everything and I need it now type fans then any band, at least bands I like. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again...a good majority of PJ's fanbase....esp. those who incessantly post and interact on the 10C boards are an insufferable entitled bunch. 

I understand that it's upsetting to miss out on your all-time favorite band's release or whatever merch they put out, but c'mon...let's be a grown-up about it, it's not the end of the fuckin' world and it's embarrasing to see you throwing a tantrum like they mostly do. 

40 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...a good majority of PJ's fanbase....esp. those who incessantly post and interact on the 10C boards are an insufferable entitled bunch. 

I understand that it's upsetting to miss out on your all-time favorite band's release or whatever merch they put out, but c'mon...let's be a grown-up about it, it's not the end of the fuckin' world and it's embarrasing to see you throwing a tantrum like they mostly do. 

I don't know if you are addressing me, but it's far from the end of the world. I'd also say that there isn't any less bitching on VC about EVERTYTHING big and small. I'd even go so far as to say VC is even more filled with entitled bitches and we don't even pay a membership fee here. PJ fans are an easy target, but I find many of them to be pretty cool. I personally don't engage that much there, but that's mostly because I'm a fan, not a fanatic. I don't care enough about any one band to devote a huge chunk of my life to them.

3 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I don't know if you are addressing me, but it's far from the end of the world. I'd also say that there isn't any less bitching on VC about EVERTYTHING big and small. I'd even go so far as to say VC is even more filled with entitled bitches and we don't even pay a membership fee here. PJ fans are an easy target, but I find many of them to be pretty cool. I personally don't engage that much there, but that's mostly because I'm a fan, not a fanatic. I don't care enough about any one band to devote a huge chunk of my life to them.

Far from addressing you...I wasn't even thinking of anyone on VC...well, maybe a few here & there now that I think about it. 

I can see your point about the sense of entitlement in either place (VC and 10C) and of course the correlation with membership fees and whatnot. I very, very rarely engage with anyone at 10C...I post every once in a while. Some of the folks there take it over the top at times. And since you mentioned it, here as well. 

And I like to agree with you about the difference between fan and fanatic. I don't have the time. 

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

And looks like Bullmoose is listing it now for PO. 150g black vinyl. 

Pearl Jam No Code 150g. Bull Moose

(I know, I know about the feelings on BM...but figured to post it anyways)

I don't think there's any difference between this and the 2016 reissue.  I know the picture shows 2 lps, but the 2016 is only one.  Ten Club really fudged the whole listing.  Looks like Bull Moose followed the leader and did a copy/paste as well.    I didn't get one, but if there is no difference, I'm fine with the one that I have.