Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

One of the local stores published the RSD list of what they expect to come in for 7/12.  It listed a Pearl Jam - Alive 12”.

Wasn’t that already done last year or year before? 

I believe this was originally scheduled for June of this year but got pushed back. It hasn't been a RSD release before--the most recent one I can remember is the SOLAT/Breath 7'' from a couple of years ago.

1 minute ago, simple_torture said:

I believe this was originally scheduled for June of this year but got pushed back. It hasn't been a RSD release before--the most recent one I can remember is the SOLAT/Breath 7'' from a couple of years ago.

Ah OK. Maybe that’s where I got confused. Thanks! 

Looks like then it’ll be the only release on the 7/12 drop I’ll be trying to get. 

On 6/29/2021 at 1:52 PM, apirk said:

We don’t even know how many there are and there is no way to know how many active numbers will want to buy this.  

Well, they made like 10,000 copies of Unplugged and this forthcoming “Alive” 12-inch...

It seems that a 3000 colored copy run of one of their major albums is just a manufactured rarity.

They should make enough to last at least an hour after PJ sends the e-mail out, but whatever.

This is one of the OGs I missed. I may wait to find one at the right price, or just find a black re-issue on sale.

Really a shame as if they did a larger run of the clear, it would have been like printing money. 🤑

Edited by Plarocks

Funny considering the amount of “cash grab” complaints you were posted.   They made 10,000 of those and you can still find them in stores so that is way too many probably.  they definitely do not want any product to sit around.  Plus the only reason most people want it is that it is limited, the whole vinyl market is pretty much based on manufactured scarcity.   If they made 20,000 of them and said so, they probably wouldn’t sell more then they did.   The only legit gripe would be they let people buy more then one if they did separate orders.

5 minutes ago, apirk said:

Funny considering the amount of “cash grab” complaints you were posted.   They made 10,000 of those and you can still find them in stores so that is way too many probably.  they definitely do not want any product to sit around.  Plus the only reason most people want it is that it is limited, the whole vinyl market is pretty much based on manufactured scarcity.   If they made 20,000 of them and said so, they probably wouldn’t sell more then they did.   The only legit gripe would be they let people buy more then one if they did separate orders.

Even it was 20000, I still would have bought one.

I just prefer clear vinyl, and I wish I knew about it in time.

Yeah, I get it. Cash makes the world go around. 🤑

Still, they should spend their time and energy on making records their fans really want, and less on “Funko Pops” 😄

I like how they do the Vault releases though. 👍🏻

Edited by Plarocks

I think the reissue was in demand because I don’t think the last pressing is available anywhere.

they literally say this edition will be available wherever vinyl is sold so I have no idea why people are buying it up or getting upset because the bands allotment is sold out except for the fact they are Pearl Jam fans.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 9:12 PM, jhulud said:

Got shipping notice from 10C for the clear No Code. And also from Target for the regular ol’ black. 

Has your clear copy actually moved? I got the shipping notice but there has been zero update on the tracking.

I did get two Ten Club 7s along with two new copies of Deep though.

1 minute ago, originalfake said:

Has your clear copy actually moved? I got the shipping notice but there has been zero update on the tracking.

I did get two Ten Club 7s along with two new copies of Deep though.

Mine still shows UPS waiting for it. I really need to get a copy of that Hunted Down 7" somehow. If anyone gets one and doesn't really want it let me know.

On 8/20/2021 at 3:20 PM, jhulud said:

My 10C clear copy has not moved at all either. I also got the two 7"s and Deep copies. 

Typical 10C fun times. 

EDIT: Wait...just checked again...it's "In Transit" now...and should arrive by Wednesday next week. 

Checked mine today and says I'll get it Thursday! At least that's something.

I don't love 11 days between the shipment email and someone actually picking it up but as long as it is on the way...

• 2 weeks later...