Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

Flood...

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/32511176/pearl-jam-mtv-unplugged-180g-vinyl-includes-download-insert-rsd-bf-exclusive

Sorry, looks to be gone for now. I thought I read that many shipments for RSD were still on the way, so remain steadfast, people. You will easily be able to get this for a reasonable price.

Edited by lexicondevil

9 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

In the newsletter it said they "pressed more", but I still don't see how 13,000 was actually released on RSD. If they did indeed press more, I wonder if other retailers will get it and how many more did they press? We will probably never find out.

I find it hard to believe that they sold 13,000 copies during RSD,

30 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Agreed. A bunch of stores are saying they should get more in the next week. I’m guessing that’s the leftovers, but we’ll see a second printing later in the winter

The stores that are getting a few copies is only because Sony found some boxes leftover. Not many though. This an EXCLUSIVE RSD release. This isn't getting another release like the RSD firsts. 

5 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

from the 10c newsletter

I have zero inside information.  And I don't know why the 10 Club would not have the facts.  But if Sony repressed this, why was the 10 Club the only place to get it, and got so few that it sold out in about 10 minutes?  Weird.

1 minute ago, bobfrombob said:

I have zero inside information.  And I don't know why the 10 Club would not have the facts.  But if Sony repressed this, why was the 10 Club the only place to get it, and got so few that it sold out in about 10 minutes?  Weird.

A theory is that they got some from RSD and were going to save them for contests or Vitalogy Foundation fundraising, but since they are repressing it they decided to put them up in the store. I don't know what is true. As always, there are many different ways you can read into any of the 10C statements. Encyclopedia Brown needs to team up with Nancy Drew and maybe we can get some answers...

If they repressed it thats pretty shitty of RSD to lie and say it was an exclusive. If thats true RSD is basically exclusive unless it shows enough demand in which case they will press more. lol. Thats a slippery slope and could mark the beginning of the end for RSD. Again, if thats in fact true which I don't believe it is. I think 10 club has their facts wrong.

TBH, I don't give a shit if anything from RSD is repressed. If I got up early and got the record thats my choice.  I could be disappointed if i knew I wouldn't have to "work" as hard to get it, but again, I made my choice with the info that was available at the time. At that point, I'd have gotten the record, so anything that happens after that, why should I care. 

It seems to me that if someone only cared about collectability, secondary market value and rarity, then sure, I guess they could get pissed. But I just want the record. Don't care how many there are or what I had to go through (or not go through in the case of a repress) to get it.  

RSD won't go away because people like the day and stores benefit from it. 

Edited by timsimmons

The best way to fix this is, make the RSD released colored or numbered or some limited thing for those who love the chase or want to own it first, or decided records are a better retirement investment than a 401k, and then do a wider press (and let it be known to partially drive down secondary market prices) a month or 2 later for wider release.

This letter pretty much tells you what is happening with the majors and their distribution chain. It sounds like a clusterfuck, which explains why RSD titles, in particular, get to stores late or not at all. This is why boxes are being "found" in the warehouse and why they will probably find more.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/an-open-letter-to-the-majors-from-independent-record-stores.862753/