Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

I love PJ and have missed out on releases but if you don’t have the attitude of you win some you lose some you are going to be dissappointed.

with a band this big they have to do random drops, same people would complain if they emailed etc and they missed out so it doesn’t matter what they do.

24 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Is there a chance the black vinyl could be splattered? I thought there was no way to tell and the colors were randomly placed throughout the run

That was the case when they first went on sale a few years ago. But as apirk said today they had 3 different listings,  1 for each color. The red lasted around 45 minutes which was shocking to me. I have a monitor set for their "featured" page, so as long as i am on my computer I get alerted within a minute or so of it updating. And even with that i've somehow missed out on stuff i've wanted before. Their fans take collecting to another level.

I'll never forget the time I ran into a hardcore PJ fan at an airport.  I was in the TSA security line and the PJ fan was asked why they were traveling and the fan just kept saying 'Pearl Jam' over and over in the most bizarre and robotic way, like they were hypnotized every time they said the words 'Pearl Jam'.  It was so fucking weird and cringe inducing I had to reassess my own fandom of the band.  Truly eye opening.

They’re an embarassing fanbase.  I love the band but their hugeness and cult status has bred some psychos.   I’ve collected their show posters for twenty years and i constantly have to leave their message board for months at a time because i can't handle these people and their meltdowns. 

Go to a Vedder show.  In between songs it’s nothing but 40 yr old men and women screaming about the Cubs or whatever Eddie likes.   They also like to read into the most trivial things and freak out that the band is over.    Again, i love that band but i only have one friend from that entire hardcore fanbase.  

Edited by bear801

39 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

As a die-hard Cubs fan, there's nothing like seeing PJ at Wrigley. That's just my opinion though.

Maybe I’m not as die hard as I thought I was as a Cubs fan. But it was cool the first time, and I guess still the second time because of Let’s Play Two, but I would be fine if they never played there again.  Baseball fields suck for concerts.