eBay Record selling screw-up or how I'm a dumb-ass

I've been on eBay for 11 years...selling and buying. When it came to selling I started out w/ Japanese toys and Anime. Recently, I've been selling a few records...doubles I have or records I don't care for anymore.

As a seller I've never had any issues. Everything has been smooth sailing...until now.

A batch of records sold and when I went to grab them to package them up, I realized that two were missing from my collection. After much searching and deliberation I came to remember that I had sold them offline after they had not sold on eBay before.

My dumb ass went and relisted them without remembering that they were gone. My luck has it that they sell this time around but I have no records to send.

I refunded both people since they had already paid by the time I realized my error. I'm truly hoping that they understand the screw-up on my part and don't nail my ass to the wall w/ negative feedback.

I have no problem losing out on the fees and having to refund the two dudes...I'm mostly pissed at myself that I was so mindless.

D'oh!

Guest adam526

A few months ago I sold two copies of the Paramore record, one on white, and one on blue. I sent the blue one to the person who won the white one by accident, and vise versa. I contacted them both and they agreed to send the records to the other winner and I'd compensate them for the charges + more. One guy shipped it the next day, but the other guy tried to screw me and say he never got the record and that he shipped his out already, blah blah blah. He filed a claim against me thinking he'd win, he didn't. Now both records are with their rightful owner.

I made the mistake, but if that asshat wasn't such an asshat it wouldn't have been such a problem.

So far one buyer has been cool...dutchrudder...has been cool...thanks for the feedback by the way...but I'm still gonna be somewhat paranoid about this whole thing b/c to me it's a major fuck-up on my part and I'd never intend to fuck anyone over. It was just a moment of absent-mindedness...

Like I wrote...I refunded both parties and wrote a note apologizing for the mix-up. My usual worry is that with the new ways that eBay has changed to pretty much not back sellers at all, I'm exposed completely even when it was an honest mistake.

when i was selling variants i sold one record on the board and one on ebay. when sending them out i got misex up and sent the people the wrong variants. luckily the ebay buyer was cool (punkrockjeff) and he ended up keeping the record and reselling it. Lucky for him he sold the record for like 50+ dollars more than what he bought it for.

Guest adam526

This was through half.com, but it's the same thing.

I'm selling my sisters horrible 90's country cds and they're all priced at $1. I sold a lot really fast and had them all shipped out within two days of payment. Well, this one buyer payed a few weeks after she bought the item, then asked me for a refund, so I refunded her, then she asked me to send the CD and she payed again, then one last time decided she didn't want it. A few days ago I check my ebay feedback and I have fucking negative feedback from her saying she never received the CD.

I'm in the process of getting the negative feedback removed, because thats just BS.

I get the worst luck with dealing with people on ebay. For every ten perfect transactions, there's one horrible one.