Questions about sleeves..

bobbie

if they're stored upright and not too tightly, it's fine to leave them in the jackets. that is what that they're intended for.

anyway, to answer your question, yes i put them all in sleeves. a few of my records aren't currently because i ran out last week.

why put the record behind the cover?

cuz when you keep it inside of the cover for a long time, you get the cover "circle-marked" by the record.

AKA Ring Wear. Although, as long as your records aren't jammed in tight on a shelf your chance for ring wear is small. I've been collecting records for 15 years and some of the first ones I got look fine.

cuz when you keep it inside of the cover for a long time, you get the cover "circle-marked" by the record.

AKA Ring Wear. Although, as long as your records aren't jammed in tight on a shelf your chance for ring wear is small. I've been collecting records for 15 years and some of the first ones I got look fine.

so how do you store them?

I keep all my records on resealable plastic sleeves. The records themselves in paper sleeves and inside the jackets. I have never had any get ringwear outside of some that I have gotten via trades or sales that already had it.

Here are some pics on how I keep them:

[image]

[image]

On this particular record, the record sleeve is printed, so I put the record itself in a plain paper one so as to not tear the printed one.

[image]

[image]

On some of my records (esp. ones with flimsy jackets) I use this record insert to minimize ringwear (http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/detail.asp?cat=2&subcat=23&product_id=klpic)

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

...I know...I need to clip my fingernails... ;)