gin blossoms new miserable experience

I contacted Intervention Records and suggested they press this album on vinyl finally. They responded by saying they were beat out by another label for this album. I have to assume someone is finally going to press this, since another label already secured the rights.. Now to try and research what label bought the rights. This at least sounds like progress.

Watch it be SRC.

On 4/8/2016 at 0:48 AM, Shinji said:

Recently (I know) got into this record and it's sooo good. One of those bands that has songs from this album everywhere but you never know what they are until you find the album

The first album I liked as a whole.  Before that I thought ... well CD singles are cool but the album is a con for $15. 

I bet SRC has the rights.  I suggested this to them a few months ago and said if they do the other album... make it limited and include 'til i hear it from you'.

In the mean time, I highly suggest you buy this square green vinyl because it looks cool.

33912_598664060722_46101445_34338121_136

Also this: http://uproxx.com/sports/the-gin-blossoms-are-the-most-90s-band-of-all-time/

Edited by firefoxussr
news without bumping thread

• 5 months later...

https://www.srcvinyl.com/catalog/product/view/id/6739/s/gin-blossoms-new-miserable-experience-2xlp/category/53/

Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Now SRC.... just do Chevelle's Point #1 from Albini's mastertape and Fiona Apple's When the Pawn... And I won't pine for any 90s releases.

Edited by firefoxussr

12 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

https://www.srcvinyl.com/catalog/product/view/id/6739/s/gin-blossoms-new-miserable-experience-2xlp/category/53/

Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Now SRC.... just do Chevelle's Point #1 from Albini's mastertape and Fiona Apple's When the Pawn... And I won't pine for any 90s releases.

$0.00?! I'll take 2!

But for real, if SRC or amazon has it for $25 or under... count me in.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

3 minutes ago, tvham said:

Love this album, I was in college in Arizona in the early 90's and fell for it hard. I wish they released it with the original cover, however...always liked it a lot more than the alternate/newer cover that came out later (plus the cd itself looked like a basketball!)

30d44310fca0bb2601666010.L.jpg

Me too.  I was tipped off by a friend a local used CD store had a basketball copy.  Yes i bought it and still have it.

Edited by firefoxussr

On April 7, 2016 at 1:29 PM, distinctlydustin said:

Watch it be SRC.

On April 7, 2016 at 2:47 PM, mcpherson123 said:

Bet it'll be SRC.

This forum is a hotbed of self perpetuating market research for them to dig in to the catalogs of 90's cult bands/albums to do their overpriced reissues.

Ding ding ding!

• 1 month later...

I was already out when I saw it was 2xLP. I don't want to flip it over every 3 songs. I would gladly sacrifice a few dbs of low end on a rock record for the sake of fitting it on 2 sides.

Also I need it for about $18.

Soooo i'm out. Unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 4:35 PM, Jollyronnie said:

I was already out when I saw it was 2xLP. I don't want to flip it over every 3 songs. I would gladly sacrifice a few dbs of low end on a rock record for the sake of fitting it on 2 sides.

Also I need it for about $18.

Soooo i'm out. Unfortunately.

The audiophile in me loves the two discs... I even bought two copies.  But it's a 42 minute album.   Put a bonus track on there or something.  Every outtake and live song is awesome from this era (Weeds, Keli Richards, It's Not Too Much....)