Lollapalooza 2009!

Guest falloutcollapse

Guest falloutcollapse

The list of bands just went up. Holy shit, it is going to be fantastic. Anybody coming to Chicago for it? I'm super excited.

I was at one of the last traveling versions. Absolute shit fest. It's the same as every other overpriced music fest but there's dickweeds in body paint and shit everywhere. Oh, and a whole area sponsored by Nvida graphics...How progressive!

Some good bands but I think Coachella killed me for music festivals like this.

I didn't look at the lineup, but speaking of bad lineups, holy shit, anyone see Warped Tour's?

I know people say each year is the worst one ever, but there's no denying this year's is the worst year ever.

woah woah i disagree, brb with evidence

authority zero

anti-flag

bad religion

bayside

big d

bouncing souls

broadway calls

fishbone

flogging molly

landmines

less than jake

nofx

streetlight manifesto

the ataris

thrice

tsol

we are the union

westbound train

granted i don't know how many are playing here, and on closer inspection there are so many incredibly terrible bands as well, but you can just avoid those.

This lineup is amazing. Much better than last years. The headliners are a little weaker, but that's the worst part of Lolla IMO. I had a blast last year. I bought early bird tix and booked my hotel/flight on Sunday.

STOKED!

Club Quarters hotel in the Loop still has some space available, great hotel, stayed at the one on Quacker last year -- this one is a tad closer.

A little tip of advice that I didn't learn until later and a huge thanks to Justin...

USE CHICAGO'S PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!

It's awesome.

Cab ride from the airport for 2 people: $45

Train ride to the airport for 2 people: $4

It's insanely easy to sneak stuff into Lolla. I took a book bag a blanket, put some vodka in a water bottle and put it inside the blanket. They never checked!