PO: WILCO summerteeth,a.m.,being there 180 gram LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image][image][image]

WILCO "Summerteeth" 180 gram double LP w/ CD

WILCO "Being There" 180 gram double LP w/ CD

WILCO "A.M" 180 gram LP + CD

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=A-51808

I became a big Wilco fan as many did with the release of Yankee Foxtrot Hotel and the book and documentary that followed the making of this unbelievable album. I became a fan again when they released "Sky Blue Sky" which could be my favorite Wilco album. I will admit that I don't know these earlier records as much, but I am excited to check them out with the re-release of these three albums on wax (180 gram plus CD). Any suggestions which one I should start with? We expect these pre-orders the first week of June/late May. Complete your Wilco collections with these records.

Wow.

I've been a fan since their first record, AM - Seen them 13-14 times since then, too.

My thoughts;

AM

You could combine this with Son Volt's first CD and have the

'final' Uncle Tupelo album. Very twangy. Contains the only Wilco song that does not have Jeff Tweedy on vocals; "It's Just That Simple" - vocals by bassist John Stirrat.

Being There

When this was released as a 2-CD set, it was priced as a single CD. It expanded the sound from the twang of AM, as the album's first track "Misunderstood" begins with what sounds like random noise. Some twang is still intact.

Summerteeth

The pop record. Many old school Wilco fans hated this record, but I loved it. Keyboards galore on this one. The somber ballad "How To Fight Lonliness" was used in the film GIRL INTERRUPTED.

Awsome record.

------------------------------------------

I posted the links to these over an another listserv I'm on. It began as an Uncle Tupelo list, but it's evolved since then. Anyway, I'm sure a couple of those 1500 subscribers might be buying these.

Summerteeth Some Aren't is easily my second favorite Wilco record second to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot...

Virgil, I'd suggest checking out Summerteeth fo' show....but I fucking Love A.M. and Being There as well

Missing Wilco tonight at the legendary Sloss Furnace (former home to Furnace Fest) to see Mogwai play their first show in the state of Alabama ever

Summerteeth is such a great pop record. If I meet a Wilco fan who dislikes it, I dislike them. "She's A Jar," "Shot In The Arm," "Can't Stand It," I mean, come on -- incredible songs.

Backed.

Have you heard the Summerteeth demos? Sooooo good!

NO! Please upload and put in the B-side/rarity thread on the other board!

NO! Please upload and put in the B-side/rarity thread on the other board!

Whaaa?!?!?! Summerteeth demos? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.

You guys have heard the YHF Demos and YHF Engineer Demos, yes? The Summerteeth demos aren't as markedly different as those, but still nice to have. I will figure out a way to put them up - big file(s) and I don't have an account with rapidshare, etc.

• 3 weeks later...