i got charged with underage possession of alcohol

reasons i love canada

a.) drinking age much lower that our neighbors to the south

b.) see reason a.

The age thing is the ONLY thing canada has going for it. You can only buy booze in select stores, in the states you can buy it at gas stations, grocery stores etc. Plus your bar's prices are insane. When i went to see Torche @ Lee's Palace i spent $300 on myself! and our dollars were pretty close at that point too. Fuck that shit.

reasons i love canada

b.) see reason a.

The age thing is the ONLY thing canada has going for it. You can only buy booze in select stores, in the states you can buy it at gas stations, grocery stores etc. Plus your bar's prices are insane. When i went to see Torche @ Lee's Palace i spent $300 on myself! and our dollars were pretty close at that point too. Fuck that shit.

Yeah our booze prices are insane, even when buying beer from the beer store. I went to Ohio a few years ago to see Tom Waits in a nice theatre and went to buy a beer and was bracing for a huge bill but it was only like $3.50 and beer at my local bar is like $5 here. At shows you're paying sometimes $6 or $7. $10 at big shows.

I'm fine with the select stores thing though. It seems weird to me that in the us you can get booze and gas at the same place.

If you go to a gas station and can't get beer, it's a shady place. Probably a cover for something else.

...or you're in Pennsylvania where we have the worst alcohol laws.

Some people don't know, but in PA I have to buy my groceries at a grocery store. Then I have to go to a beer distributor to get a case of beer. If I just want a six pack I have to go to a bar. If I want some wine or a bottle of vodka I have to make another stop at a Wines and Spirits store that's owned by the state. After I do all that running around I go to the gas station to fill my car up.

If you go to a gas station and can't get beer, it's a shady place. Probably a cover for something else.

...or you're in Pennsylvania where we have the worst alcohol laws.

Some people don't know, but in PA I have to buy my groceries at a grocery store. Then I have to go to a beer distributor to get a case of beer. If I just want a six pack I have to go to a bar. If I want some wine or a bottle of vodka I have to make another stop at a Wines and Spirits store that's owned by the state. After I do all that running around I go to the gas station to fill my car up.

WTF?

my friend lives in philly and he told me that you can take beer to a restaurant and for a small "opening" fee you can just drink it in there. You have to buy six packs @ a bar?

reasons i love canada

b.) see reason a.

Reasons I love Western New York:

a) If you're worried about underage drinking, legal drinking is 20 minutes away.

B) You don't have to worry about getting caught for underage drinking.

c) When you're 21, or if you've ignored the age limit, beer is much cheaper here than in Canada because of your alcohol taxes. (although blind-man Patterson is ruining that benefit).

d) See c.

They say that to scare you into behaving in the future. I've been told that by police and public safety probably a dozen times and the school never hears about it. I don't know if they even have the power, but if they do, there isn't a policeman alive that wants to be that much of a dick because it's a lot of paperwork, so just don't absolutely piss him off and you're clear.