August Burns Red - Constellations LP

52 minutes ago, HybridxReality said:

This is going for over $40 already? What the fuck

Well, I mean, it was out of print for years and fetched $100-$200 pretty consistently.  Repressed in a fairly small batch that sold out within a week, that was retailing for $25 PPD or so?  The aftermarket was foaming at the mouth for this repress.

14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Well, I mean, it was out of print for years and fetched $100-$200 pretty consistently.  Repressed in a fairly small batch that sold out within a week, that was retailing for $25 PPD or so?  The aftermarket was foaming at the mouth for this repress.

Yeah, I just didn't expect the resale value to be so high so quickly. Guess I'll need to snag one soon before it goes even higher.

9 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Oh gotcha. Then yeah, try to get something done about it. MerchNow fuckin' sucks. If by chance my copy comes in green, I'll trade ya cuz I don't give a shit about the color. 

I'm going to see what can be done. Probably nothing. The 24 hour response time has been ridiculous but whatever. I'm happy just owning a copy, I just wish I would receive what I ordered. My last order was messed up too. Ordered a bunch of records, they shipped them out without notifying me or without updating my order status on their website, two of the items I ordered weren't included because they were "out of stock" (they were still in stock almost a week after my order mind you). It would just be nice to be informed that things weren't in there that way I could've either added something else or canceled my order. But yeah, MerchNow has been sucking it.

Got my red/orange over the weekend. Haven't opened it because it had the worst fucking seam split I think I've seen. Surprised the record didn't bust through the shrink. Waiting on a response from MerchNow, normally don't really care but this was a $22 single LP AND this is the fourth time I've gotten a seam split order from MerchNow this year. 

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Got my red/orange over the weekend. Haven't opened it because it had the worst fucking seam split I think I've seen. Surprised the record didn't bust through the shrink. Waiting on a response from MerchNow, normally don't really care but this was a $22 single LP AND this is the fourth time I've gotten a seam split order from MerchNow this year. 

I had the same issue with my green copy, seem splits on every side of the inner sleeve and one big split on the main sleeve.

I've already called them twice about a replacement and have yet to receive anything.  that was two weeks ago.. willing to bet they're patiently waiting for these to sell out so they don't lose any more money on them :/

17 minutes ago, antisyntax said:

I had the same issue with my green copy, seem splits on every side of the inner sleeve and one big split on the main sleeve.

I've already called them twice about a replacement and have yet to receive anything.  that was two weeks ago.. willing to bet they're patiently waiting for these to sell out so they don't lose any more money on them :/

They told me the Of Mice & Men debut was completely sold out so they couldn't replace it, refunded me a percentage instead. Then two months later that record is at retail, so they could've replaced the jacket. I'm okay with a partial refund on this as well, but it better be a decent chunk cuz this split is gnarly.

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

They told me the Of Mice & Men debut was completely sold out so they couldn't replace it, refunded me a percentage instead. Then two months later that record is at retail, so they could've replaced the jacket. I'm okay with a partial refund on this as well, but it better be a decent chunk cuz this split is gnarly.

likewise, they offered me a sunset variant for the jacket/sleeve but it seems like this is a consistent issue with them.  or solid state, rather.

they should really keep more sleeves on-hand like asianman does for their damages.

6 hours ago, deer said:

I don't think it'd be shitty as long as you don't flip it & make the buyers very aware that there are seam splits.

Well yeah, I would send whoever the same pics I sent MerchNow to show the damage. That said, anyone want it for like $20 shipped? About $7 cheaper and it'd be guaranteed to ship way fuckin' faster than MerchNow ships shit out. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

Replacement copy came and it's worse than the first one. Same split on the top, maybe a half inch bigger this time around, two corners bent upward, one bent downward, and you can see the record on three corners because of the bends. They even bubble wrapped the mailer and put it in a bag, still got hella fucked up. Now I don't know what the fuck to do.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, ethereal said:

According to Jake Luhrs' instagram this is a remix & remaster of the album too

2 hours ago, ethereal said:

2 new variants with alternate artwork

Both limited to 500

Shooting Star: https://merchnow.com/products/v2/291224/constellations-shooting-star
Horizon: https://merchnow.com/products/v2/291225/constellations-horizon

very nice, I don't have a copy of this and the shooting star looks cool