August Burns Red - Constellations LP

Received my "Horizon" variant today, which turned out better than expected.  Did anyone else get anything weird with their copies?  Mine had a separate package inside containing a small book titled "Weavings, woven together in love.  A Journal of the Christian Spiritual Life."  Volume II, Number 2.  I found this very odd...

Also, if anyone picked up any extra copies of the "Shooting Star" variant that they are willing to sell or trade for let me know.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, ajborneman said:

Received my "Horizon" variant today, which turned out better than expected.  Did anyone else get anything weird with their copies?  Mine had a separate package inside containing a small book titled "Weavings, woven together in love.  A Journal of the Christian Spiritual Life."  Volume II, Number 2.  I found this very odd...

Also, if anyone picked up any extra copies of the "Shooting Star" variant that they are willing to sell or trade for let me know.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Aren’t ABR considered a Christian band?  Doesn’t seem all that bizarre to me.

I don't know how much they use it as a selling point these days, but the members private instagrams contain a lot of religious posts and advertisements for related things. It's weird how that stands in this scene now as both Underoath and As I Lay Dying(they may not be the best example) have come out in interviews and said that the Christian metal label was for marketing and sales, nothing more. Hard to tell what's authentic or just BS. 

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I almost feel like proclaiming to be a “Christian metal” band would cost you sales and potential fanbase, but maybe I’m totally wrong about that.  Wasn’t As Cities Burn in that same scene or am I just imagining that?

I think they were associated with it, and their lyrics definitely were heavily faith inspired. Yeah but you gotta think the majority of the fanbase of this music when it was big were adolescents, and how it sounded to adults/parents was satanic, evil, etc. But when you'd tell them that they were screaming for Jesus I guess it was an easier sell to them. 

Edited by dapeebs

While the vocalist and drummer (for ABR) are outspokenly Christian, they don't consider themselves a religious band. 

The whole "Christian metal" phase was really popular from around 2007-2012. I think the whole As I Lay Dying incident, along with maybe a few bands, kinda questioned what a lot of these bands true intentions where and killed it. Now, As Cities Burn, The Devil Wears Prada, etc. are Christian, or have members, they just don't outwardly preach or write (most) songs like that anymore.

There's a video on YouTube called: "What killed Christian metalcore?" (or something along those lines) that I thought was pretty well done.

3 hours ago, ajborneman said:

I ordered two copies separately and did not receive this in either.

• 3 months later...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156503968882592&id=10369997591

"August Burns Red — "Constellations (Remixed)" [2nd Pressing]

We know some of you missed out the first time around this summer, so we’re running it back. Nobody's getting left behind. 

Two new color variants. Tomorrow (9/24) at 11am PST :: solidstate.lnk.to/store"

19 hours ago, N8TRU said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156503968882592&id=10369997591

"August Burns Red — "Constellations (Remixed)" [2nd Pressing]

We know some of you missed out the first time around this summer, so we’re running it back. Nobody's getting left behind. 

Two new color variants. Tomorrow (9/24) at 11am PST :: solidstate.lnk.to/store"

https://merchnow.com/products/v2/300439/constellations-orion

https://merchnow.com/products/v2/300440/constellations--black-hole

• 4 weeks later...