Man, Guns N' Roses used to be sort of bad-ass.

Anyone any thoughts on the probable reunion?

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/127030/Report-Guns-N-Roses-Will-Soon-Announce-Reunion

I think it's a terrible idea that can only be motivated by money. I saw them in August 1991 just before the Use Your Illusion records came out and I couldn't think of a worse way of spoiling the memory of my first ever live concert than seeing this. I don't understand why anyone who saw them live before 1993 would want to see it.

And so I can post this somewhere, here's a very good reason why reunions are a bad idea:

Holy shit, I can't stop laughing at how bad that was.  

Guns N' Bloated will be the worst reunion disaster ever.  No way Ol' Popcorn Adler can do that tour, he'd re-re-re-relapse harder than he did the day before, the day before, they day before, and really not be able to string together a sentence the next day, or the day after, or the day after that.  And Cookie Monster corn row Rose will need to lose about 50 lbs. to make me a believer in his ability to show up on time and do the damn thing for 2 hours plus.  I'd pay $20 for Groupon lawn tickets to see the train wreck, though.  I do love me a good train wreck.

Anyone any thoughts on the probable reunion?

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/127030/Report-Guns-N-Roses-Will-Soon-Announce-Reunion

I think it's a terrible idea that can only be motivated by money. I saw them in August 1991 just before the Use Your Illusion records came out and I couldn't think of a worse way of spoiling the memory of my first ever live concert than seeing this. I don't understand why anyone who saw them live before 1993 would want to see it.

And so I can post this somewhere, here's a very good reason why reunions are a bad idea:

That video is not a fair criticism of Van Halen's 2007 reunion tour. What happened was the synth playback was triggered at the wrong frequency—it should've been at 44.1K but was played back at 48K, about 1.5 semitones higher than normal. Eddie tried to transpose the guitar part on the fly but couldn't figure it out in time.

That video is not a fair criticism of Van Halen's 2007 reunion tour. What happened was the synth playback was triggered at the wrong frequency—it should've been at 44.1K but was played back at 48K, about 1.5 semitones higher than normal. Eddie tried to transpose the guitar part on the fly but couldn't figure it out in time.

There's as many people in the comments who think the problem was Eddie's guitar needing tuning as there are blaming the keyboards. I'm no expert, so I don't know. What I do know is that his guitar playing on this sounds 100 times worse than the keyboard backing tape, especially the solo and you cannot blame that bit on anything other than his playing.

There's also Dave's poor vocals, Eddie's pathetic jumping and the giant inflatable microphone. I was a fan of both VH eras as a teenager, but you're better going to see a young tribute act than seeing a once great live act parodying themselves.

No way Ol' Popcorn Adler can do that tour, he'd re-re-re-relapse harder than he did the day before, the day before, they day before, and really not be able to string together a sentence the next day, or the day after, or the day after that.  And Cookie Monster corn row Rose will need to lose about 50 lbs. to make me a believer in his ability to show up on time and do the damn thing for 2 hours plus.

Well... yeah. That's the whole allure of this reunion, if in fact it does happen. Can Steven make it. Can Axl get off his high horse and start a show on time. Will Slash not get sick of it. I believe more in Steven that Axl. Axl has nothing to lose, Steven has everything to lose. 

• 1 month later...

gnr fucking suck

"Police and niggers, that's right, get out of my way

Don't need to buy none of your gold chains today
And I don't need no bracelets clamped in front of my back
Just need my ticket till then, won't you cut me some slack?"

"'Immigrants and faggots

They make no sense to me
They come to your country
And think the do as they please
Like start a mini Iran
Or spread some fucking disease
They talk so many goddamn ways
It's all greek to me."

gnr fucking suck

"Police and niggers, that's right, get out of my way

Don't need to buy none of your gold chains today

And I don't need no bracelets clamped in front of my back

Just need my ticket till then, won't you cut me some slack?"

"'Immigrants and faggots

They make no sense to me

They come to your country

And think the do as they please

Like start a mini Iran

Or spread some fucking disease

They talk so many goddamn ways

It's all greek to me."

Yeah, we should totally denounce the entire band because of an immature song that one member wrote at the start of their career. I bet you don't watch Seinfeld anymore either.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, we should totally denounce the entire band because of an immature song that one member wrote at the start of their career. I bet you don't watch Seinfeld anymore either.

It was on their second album and this band has always been fucking horrible. One of the worst. Michael Richards wasn't a writer for Seinfeld, so how is that comparison supposed to work???

It was on their second album and this band has always been fucking horrible. One of the worst. Michael Richards wasn't a writer for Seinfeld, so how is that comparison supposed to work???

Dude, this is the internet. Comparisons don't have to make sense. Just having some fun. You don't have to take silly comments so seriously.

I think this band is awesome. Ive always kind of been fascinated by stories and pictures of the "old days".

Your opening for Metallica and you refuse to play...awesome

I went to a show on that GnR/Metallica/FNM tour. I went for Metallica and FNM. I always thought axl was just kinda cheesy and corny. It was like he tried too hard or something, and way too whiney for me

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets for the Vegas shows are $79 - $350 (before fees of course). $250 for GA and $350 for many of the lowers?!  

Those first 2 shows are at a brand new arena in LV, but if they try that pricing in many other markets there will be 2-for-1 Groupons floating around before long. Or is the demand really there?