Man, Guns N' Roses used to be sort of bad-ass.

They were a awesome live band, i'd see slash jump off top risers about 7 foot freefall and land, and not miss a fucking note.. they were the fucking awesome nuts live band.. and soundgarden that year wasn't too bad either. it was weird seeing them in a venue that big when only a few years earlier i had seen them in a club of maybe 400 people. i won't dare watch them (even though it's not guns n roses anymore) again.. it would taint the impression i had of them live. i want my memories of them live as they are..

My dad kinda looks like Slash. No lie. I need to look through my computer when I get home for a photo.

I will back you on this, Nicole. I remember you posting a pic of your pops in a Slayer t-shirt. He was a total ringer for Slash.

I seem to remember this picture - wasn't there a pony involved? Or a motorcycle or something?

Regardless, Nicole's dad is a badass.

My dad kinda looks like Slash. No lie. I need to look through my computer when I get home for a photo.

I will back you on this, Nicole. I remember you posting a pic of your pops in a Slayer t-shirt. He was a total ringer for Slash.

yep totally remember this pic. i think the gramps was in it too or something.

Read Slash's book. Even if you don't like G'nR or anything Slash has ever been involved in. It's one hell of an interesting read.

This was a great read. I really couldn't put it down. I got answers to questions I always had. Live Like a Suicide was a fake live EP, Slash drew the logo with the two revolvers facing away, he was very involved with all the imaging and T-shirt designs. Sly Stalone did PCP in Duff's bathroom??

Highly recommend this book.

• 6 years later...

Anyone any thoughts on the probable reunion?

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/127030/Report-Guns-N-Roses-Will-Soon-Announce-Reunion

I think it's a terrible idea that can only be motivated by money. I saw them in August 1991 just before the Use Your Illusion records came out and I couldn't think of a worse way of spoiling the memory of my first ever live concert than seeing this. I don't understand why anyone who saw them live before 1993 would want to see it.

And so I can post this somewhere, here's a very good reason why reunions are a bad idea:

I first saw GnR in 86 and they blew me away. Everything about them was raw as f*ck. I'd probably be interested in a reunion if Izzy and Duff were involved. If it's the Axl and Slash show it will suck. The biggest thing for me will be the cost of the ticket, which will probably be stupid.

BTW, I did see Van Halen on their most recent tour and I have to say that it was a damn good time. I didn't expect much, but Dave was on fire and it was a party.

Super excited for a reunion but only if it's the exact original lineup, including Steven. And I won't believe it till I see it. Also wouldn't be surprised if it happened and then fell apart after 3 shows. No clue how they'll do the Illusions stuff with Steven. Probably bring Matt in for a few songs.