ATTN:Mods

Not sure where to put this. But I was recently ripped off by a member of this bored: streetcore. It turns out that a bunch of people have been ripped off by him. I'm thinking about filing a cybercrime report. There is a spot on the form for an IP address, I was wondering if a mod could get the IP from his posts.

Thanks

On the other thread, you said that you filed a Paypal claim. Let that reach resolution first.

It turns out you have to file it within 45 days of the transaction. I missed the window, so they closed my claim.

I know it's only $18 from me, but there's 2 other people from the PPMB who lost $25 or more. And then there's the 9 people who have been ripped off by him on Ebay for who knows how much. And the people on here. His last ebay account , vinylcorrective, has been deactivated, but the last negative feedback was at the beginning of May. I dealt with him in March. He's continuing to steal from us. He's a cancer to the scene.

Most likely my report will be just filed away somewhere, but in the off chance that something is done about this sort of thing, isn't it worth it?

i really hope this whole thing leads up to tahoejeff throwing a chili carnival, killing streetcores parents, putting them in the chili, and having radiohead laugh at streetcore crying after he finds out he just ate his parents.

that would be epic.

There's going to be free pony rides and everything!

Hey it's my old fake baseball skipper! Really though, people do need to be held more accountable for these kind of actions. I've been lucky myself but this is bullshit. Would Ebay do anything, or do they just defer to paypal?

Ebay is easy. If I would've gone through ebay for this, I'd probably have already been refunded by now. But since it was through a PPMB thread, things are a bit more complicated.

I wonder what happened to the dude, though. I PM'd him a while back wanting to buy some shit, but never got a response. You'd think if his sole intent was to rip people off, he'd have been stoked to take my money.

Don't know, but he logged into his myspace today, so he's doing something. I'd consider yourself lucky that he didn't reply!

I dealt with his guy and had no problem.

For future reference and not to be mean, but serious future reference, if its been at least 25-30 days and you haven't received a package/tracking number/reply to messages, just go ahead and file the claim, if you get your package, cancel it. There's nothing wrong with being cautious and safe. It might just be enough to get people of their asses.

Sucks that people went through this, but it teaches buyers to be more cautious.

Someone help Tahoe out, he's good peeps. I agree that people need to start being held accountable if they use this board and others to rip people off. Let the folks who got ripped off by this guy make him an example. Also, look at it as an experiment to see if there is any justice that can be obtained.

Also, if I remember correctly, Tahoe is a military man, so let's support our troop and help him out.

i feel like a broken record (no pun intended) by saying this yet again, but itd be nice if more people would invest in a $15 scale and start printing paypal labels which ive been championing for a long time. itd really put everyones minds at ease because when you print a label, you get delivery confirmation for 18 cents and the buyer gets the DC# straight in their email (just like when you buying something from VC). actually, what would be even more awesome is if a mod would put together a list of sellers who sell this way and sticky it in the sales thread so buyers can see who the hell knows what theyre doing when selling a record. plus, as the seller you no longer have to stand in line at the post office. everybody wins!

sure, im all for that. but lets face it, some people will never cease to be scumbags.

I agree 100%. But in this case, paypal label or not people weren't getting their stuff....I'm all for paypal printed labels, though I prefer to walk to the post office and get confirmation there. But that won't solve the problem of people being crooks.

At the end of the day, there will always be people out to screw others over.

The honest sellers have their preferred methods of labeling and shipping. If it works for them, they'll continue doing it. I prefer to go to the post office...esp. since it's right behind my house...and send packages out.

As for the list that mattis is suggesting...that's a pain in the ass to put together. Now, the note of "seller used the Paypal label" can always be added when posting on the Good Sellers thread.

"Got my record in from Andrew Hickey today. Even though he's a dick to me all the time, the record was sent out quick and he used a Paypal label."...etc...