Austin Lucas/The Takers split 7" embeddable stream

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Play the streaming player at this link:

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2009/06/02/austin-lucasthe-takers-split-7-embeddable-streaming-playercontest/

Austin Lucas / The Takers split 7" w/ digital download coupon

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/sh141-7

Although the Austin Lucas/Takers split 7" isn't due for release til Tuesday, July 21st, you can now listen to the entire split 7" and share it with friends. If you like what you hear, you can also share these songs with your friends by posting the streaming player anywhere you can post html code. Post it on your Myspace blog and/or bulletin, on your own blog or site, and anywhere else you can post html. Please also consider retweeting this post to help us spread the word.

These 4 songs were recorded right after Austin finished recording his breakthrough album, "Somebody Loves You". While doing some shows and spending time with family in Florida, Austin hooked up with Suburban Home's newest band, the Takers, to record 4 songs together. The songs include 2 covers and 2 originals.

Win a copy of the 7" by being the first person to correctly guess the original artists being covered in the two cover songs. Enter to win by posting a comment on our site or by posting a reply on our message board. Good luck.

“Mama Tried” - that’s the easy one. Merle Haggard.

“Sweeter Than The Flowers” - It’s been recorded by several artists, including Bobby Bare, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Kitty Wells and Moon Mullican, but I would have to go with The Stanley Brothers as having the definitive version.

My knowledge of old country music just might pay off after all.

Guest Admin
I just checked and it's not working for me either. All of the other players on the site work...

what browser are you using? it works for me in firefox

Guest Admin

also, just to make it clear, I can't embedd html into the message board so that is just a jpeg of the player and the link below it takes you to the player. I am not saying that this is the reason why it isn't working for some of you, just wanted to throw that out there.