Sharing Time

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite things about records (specifically old ones), is thinking about the original owner listening to it. For example, a first press Minor Threat "Out Of Step" or a "London Calling", I think - someone listened to that EXACT copy when it first came out. I wonder sometimes if it blew that persons mind.

Hahah, you know what i never really thought about records that way but i am like that with movies. When i watch old horror movies i always wonder how bad people freaked out when they saw it.

- my name is Lia, i'm 20 and eagerly awaiting my 21st at the end of the summer.

- i live in center city philadelphia which enables me to continue to be without a driver's license.

- i live with my boyfriend jon who i've been dating for three years as of the end of this month. he's my best friend and all that shit.

- i'm half jewish and identify with that more than whatever my mom's side is.

- favorite bands include saves the day, kevin devine, modest mouse, belle and sebastian, mirah and other shit that no one on this board likes.

- i took a few years off of school to work because i was clueless about what i want to do with my life and decided it was best to not waste money on something i would have half assed. i currently work for minimum wage scooping water ice at rita's. i've learned it's better to be under employed than unemployed.

- favorite things include the essential b's: burritos, beards, beer (and booze in general), boys, baseball, bob dylan, etc

- i hate most people and i'm lucky to be friends with individuals who share the same mantra.

- favorite vacation spot is paris. i seriously cannot wait to go back. it's obnoxious really.

- i will tell people i can out drink them then try and make a fool of myself. this happens frequently.

- i'm semi fluent in french and fully fluent in sarcasm.

- people like to talk to me. i constantly get people telling me their life story which is awkward. i need to become a therapist so i can at least get paid for it.

This is a fun thread.

My name is Jordan.

I'm from Salamanca, NY, but currently live in Buffalo.

I'm about to turn 23 years old. What a weird thing.

I've got a bachelor's degree in audio/radio production with a minor in film studies, and am currently going to grad school for library and information studies. Hopefully I'll be a librarian this time next year. Cross my fingers.

I started a record label last year called Vega Vinyl. It's incredibly fun and rewarding, but I'm in a bunch of debt thanks to it, so buy some records from me!

I enjoy a few classy beers every now and then, but never had any alcohol before I turned 21. I've also never tried smoking or drugs of any kind because they scare the shit out of me.

I play far to many video games. I should read more often.

I've never made more than minimum wage, and it makes me sad.

I have a wonderful girlfriend that I've been dating for almost six years now.

Name: Paul Nowosielski, age 20

Job: Agricultural Scout for NFGA (Norfolk Fruit Growers Association) as my coop position for the summer (I'm in an Environment and Business program at the University of Waterloo). It was my first opportunity to be outside (have also worked for TD Bank and the Canadian Federal Government) for a coop and do some real hands on work so I'm really enjoying it.

Significant Other: Girlfriend for almost 3 years.

Favorite Album of All Time: War All the Time - Thursday

Favorite Album Currently: That Much Further West - Lucero, Frame and Canvas - Braid, or Old Wounds - Young Widows

Favorite Bands: Thursday, Thrice, Isis, Lawrence Arms, Hold Steady, A Wilhelm Scream, At the Drive-In, Braid, Frank Turner, Cancer Bats, Moneen, Attack in Black

Favorite Vacation Place: Went to Italy 3 years ago... it was amazing (Rome, Florence, Pisa, Genoa) and then had an overnight ferry to Barcelona. Probably my favorite 2 weeks ever.

[image]

Hi, I'm Jon. I'm 20, I'll be 21 at the end of the July and I'm taking forever to age. I wear bandanas when my hair gets too long.

I drink cheap beer and I enjoy experimenting in the more expensive stuff.

I'll be a senior in college in the fall, I'm going to school for Graphic Design, and I feel like I wasted a bunch of money on this whole 4-year experience. I do enjoy doing work that combines art and music.

I sing, play guitar, bass, drums, harmonica, and some keyboard. I'm trying to learn as much shit as possible.

I played bass in a band for a good 2-3 years, and I play guitar in my current band, The Hormones, but we're a little spread out right now. Drummer and bass player are living in Philly. Looking to start a new band.

I buy ONE copy of a record if I enjoy the music. I don't care about the color.

I'm going to the fucking Fest this year and that is final.

Favorite bands? Fuck if I know. Against Me!, Lawrence Arms, Fucked Up, Misfits, The Pittsburgh Penguins

SINGLE AS FUCK

I'm a field rep for Apple. It's fun for me cuz I get to talk to people about computers all day.

My partner and I have a 5 month old son, he's the bee's knees!

My favourite band of all time is Bad Religion but my current favourite would probably be ... Converge or Mastodon.

I'm actually going on my first overseas vacation to Paris in about 10 days, super excited about that!

I have a tendency to start up many projects and hobbies but always move on to something new before I really get into what I was hoping to do/accomplish. Except Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, been doing that for a couple years now.

I just graduated and will soon be a lawyer. I am working for a trade union and plan on staying with them for the next few years at the very least.

I got married in December and it's rad.

My favorite album right now is Less Than Jake's Hello Rockview. Unless we go alltime, in which case it's Fleetwood Mac's Rumors.

My favorite vacation place is Costa Rica. The climate of resort destinations, but you don't have to go to resorts.

Guest afsdan
I like how everyone is willing to open themselves up on this...which is fine...but yet the actual thread starter has not...hmmmm...

yeah she did. read past the 1st post.

-I am 27 and have lived in Denver for all but 4-5 months of that.

-I dropped out of school during said 4-5 month period (i essentially smoked pot on the beach the whole time i shoulda been in class anyway)

-I run a record label, and have played in various bands for the last nine years. Records have been made, vans have been traveled in.

-Engaged to my lady of 5 years (the entire month of June is our anniversary. we were roommates before we dated, and our first month of dating we were homeless. that made us pretty damn strong.)

-I think other folks taste in music is pretty shitty. I think this board likes some pretty mediocre stuff. (fleetwood mac 'rumors'???? ouch dude)

-I like to vacation in upstate NY. my grandparents had a house on Lake George (cleanest lake in the state). It's my favorite place, but I haven't been there in 3+ years.

-I am jobless. Though I ask Virgil to hire me, he hasn't yet. But I'd be the only one with record label experience on the VC staff.

VC staff is full of good folks

I've known Virgil since he had a record store called Bakamono (sp?), that was awesome, but only for a handful of folks, cuz he shut it down.

Nick, 29 and I live in the suburbs of Buffalo, NY and have my whole life, minus a few years actually living downtown.

I've been dating the same girl for almost 2 years. I haven't seen her much in the past month and I think it's because i feel a little overwhelmed with the idea of moving in with her come september. I've lived with one GF in the past and it didnt work well.

I love the city of Buffalo, even though the rest of the country hates so hard on us. I also wish NYC would become its own state so i could stop sending all my tax money there.

Love the Bills. I've been living with a broken heart, like many others, since the early 90's. I don't think T.O. is going to save us but it will be a fun year to watch. This year was to be my first as a season ticket holder and I bought them in september, way before it was announced he was coming here.

I've been listening to vinyl since high school. I get REALLY nerdy and excited talking about it. Unfortunately no one that im friends with seems to be able to keep up with my excitement and im often left feeling like a total nerd. I would love to have a friend that gets as pumped about collecting records as I do.

I have major problems with focus and motivation. I want to go to school and get a job that i at least partially enjoy and make some money. I want to buy a house. I could go to school anytime i wanted and never have to worry about paying a dime. I just haven't decided to go.

I joined a gym and stopped going. I've been really depressed for the last month(it hits me every few months) and i just feel like crap. I need to suck it up and just start going again so I can get out of this funk.

I don't care for hockey and I live in a hockey town. I hate hearing about the sabres in every conversation that i have with someone.

also I've never had my own dog and am really excited to get one when i move out. Like, REALLY excited.

was edge for my whole life until i turned 26. thought about giving it up for a full year before i decided. was a hard decision to make but ultimately i'm glad i did. Jameson is my drink of choice.

lots of tattoos and more to come.

I love creepy shit. I'm looking into purchasing a two headed turtle. Very excited about that. I have an owl collection and once i move im going to start collecting more stuff. creepier the better. I also have a massive vulture tattoo on my thigh. It's been unfinished for many years but I have decided that next summer im taking a week off of work to get that finished up.

in real life i correct people on their grammer all the time, on the internet i type like a slob.

idiots...read past the first post

i did, the quality of her sharing pales compared to most others. its a grab for attention, which quite frankly, is @ a sickening level since i came back.

Sickening? Really?

I know I'm new and easily ignorable, but this is kind of whiney.

edit: I am a very bitter person so I'm not against you...just making an observation. :)

To stay on topic:

Single Dad. My son is my world. He's 9 and I've made sure to always be there for him. Family is #1 in my book. My honesty and loyalty tends to cause more harm than good, it seems.

I've probably taken longer to get a bachlors degree than anyone on here. Fuck it. I got it so that's all that matters to me.

I used to work as a computer tech, mechanic, and security and surveillance system installer. I finally graduated in civil engineering so I'm currently looking for a job in that.

I'm artistically retarded. I love music and art but couldn't create anything of interest if my life depended on it. I also don't really consider myself a record collector. It all just started when my sickening obsession with Jawbreaker resulted in me wanting to hear all their songs--this was before the release of "Etc.". After that hunt it turned into a semi-collection. Now I buy other band's stuff at random.

Another weird thing is that from about 1998-2008 I'd not gotten into any new music until I went to Fest 7. I'm so happy I did.

i did, the quality of her sharing pales compared to most others. its a grab for attention, which quite frankly, is @ a sickening level since i came back.

Sickening? Really?

I know I'm new and easily ignorable, but this is kind of whiney.

edit: I am a very bitter person so I'm not against you...just making an observation. :)

my sickening comment is about the board in general...its just not the same place it was, the overall community is meh now.

i am an 18 year old high school graduate as of last week living in southern maryland.

i was an all conference wrestler and i like to wear cargo shorts.

my favorite bands include Strung Out, Lagwagon, Mustard Plug, Big D and the Kids Table, and the alkaline trio.

I am getting shipped out for the navy december 22nd to become a nuke.

Pecan pie is delicious, and chciken is even better.