Cave In - Planets of Old 12" EP (Pics added)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I hear you on that. But it's got to get boring doing the same thing over and over. Plus they've all said in interviews and stuff that they are sort of ashamed of that era. I accept the apology. To me, Jupiter makes up for it all. That's seriously one of my top five albums of all time, right under everything Into Another ever did.

I love all their records, but apologizing for their pop years is a cop out. They were so happy on stage. They apologized because they didn't blow up, not because those songs are weak.

I just got mine from BCD. Looks nice. Though the paper dust sleeve doesn't fit inside the printed one, which sucks. That's the second time I've gotten a Cave In record that had a printed sleeve and a white paper sleeve and the white paper one just didn't fit (Jupiter).

Jesu "Life Line" is like that as well. Ugh, I still need to pick this up.

I loved everything up to and including the Lift Off/Lost in the Air 7". Tides of Tomorrow kind of sucked, and Antenna was alright. But PPB sounded like they were just making a weak attempt at re-capturing their old sound. I'll only really like it if they try that again and have Steve do the screaming.

this pretty much says it all. i had this new record in my cart but took it out due to the price. 4 songs for $17 is a bit steep. can't imagine the packaging making it worth that much either. on the fence. just saw the pictures. dammit, now i want it again.

i own everything except the last album, couldn't get into it. still would see them again though, great live band. and Jupiter i think is my favorite album they've done.

• 3 months later...