TP/PO: A Wilhelm Scream "Mute Print" LP (a Vinyl C

Guest admin1338560633

14 hours ago, vinny0190 said:

This and Yellowcard on the same day, missed Yellowcard but hopefully a variant of Ruiner or Mute Print will still be up when I get paid next week. They look great and I'm so happy they got new pressings.

not to forget The Lawrence Arms Oh Calcutta repress..

1 hour ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

So what you're saying is that 250 and 500 are in fact the same number.

no, he is saying that all variants were the same quantity, so raising all to 500 didn't really change anything in the dymanics. It would have been so much worse if they'd only changed the most limited variant (there wasn't in this case) to double amount and leave the rest alone.

Edited by xfactor675

4 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

no, he is saying that all variants were the same quantity, so raising all to 500 didn't really change anything in the dymanics. It would have been so much worse if they'd only changed the most limited variant (there wasn't in this case) to double amount and leave the rest alone.

Yeah, it clicked right after I posted it but I figured I'd leave it.

3 hours ago, dantheriver said:

I doubt anyone is ever paying off their student loans or putting a down payment on their house from selling low pressing number AWS records... so who cares?

I think my original comment and the subsequent replies were more about the bait and switch tactic in general and less about the represses directly. Seems to be happening a little more often lately 😕

15 minutes ago, cameronbudde said:

Bumping up run numbers isn’t a bait and switch. Like by definition.

What else can it be? Here is this thing we're offering, with your money you're getting an album that is pressed on this specific quantity, in this specific color. Label/band sells more quickly than they thought, so they change those details after a ton of people already paid for a specific set of details. While this exact instance is pretty benign, it happened, none the less. And sure, maybe that wasn't the initial plan, but here we are...

If the label/band thinks that might happen, then just be up front about it. Here are these records, we'll let you PO for a week and then press some magical number once we can gauge interest. Or, what most labels do, here are these /250 variants, oh shit, you guys bought them all, here is a different /250 variant.

2 hours ago, geezfools said:

What else can it be? Here is this thing we're offering, with your money you're getting an album that is pressed on this specific quantity, in this specific color. Label/band sells more quickly than they thought, so they change those details after a ton of people already paid for a specific set of details. While this exact instance is pretty benign, it happened, none the less. And sure, maybe that wasn't the initial plan, but here we are...

If the label/band thinks that might happen, then just be up front about it. Here are these records, we'll let you PO for a week and then press some magical number once we can gauge interest. Or, what most labels do, here are these /250 variants, oh shit, you guys bought them all, here is a different /250 variant.

I dunno about anyone else here, but I paid for the vinyl I selected, and definitely not a “specific set of details.”

For instance, this label could keep all of these colors in print forever l and it STILL wouldn’t ruin my enjoyment of these albums. Can’t we all just be happy this didn’t turn out like the Yellowcard PO?

4 hours ago, geezfools said:

I paid for a record with music I like on it that I just want to spin on my turntable. Could care less about how many there are.

1 hour ago, Jim Steele said:

What surprises me is that two of the three half/half variants still sold out after the quantity was doubled.

Same. Was hoping the RUINER Splatter variant would be available to purchase after I saw their announcement about quantities. Bummer. 

We’re on a vinyl collecting forum. Yes, I’m glad they were repressed and these are all amazing albums. But there are people here who also care about stuff like pressing numbers and variants. It’s part of the hobby/interest. Some people only buy to listen, some buy to collect, etc 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Again, for the third time, the comment was less about this particular release and more about it happening in general.

PS hoping for a new AWS album this year and maybe even more so, a fucking tour, let’s gooooo!  

Edited by geezfools