Pedro The Lion Pressing INFO

collectively, we gotta be able to come up with some serious knowledge. Help me figure as much as we can about pressing info for the Pedro LPS. Feel free to quote and correct or add. (I think the 7"s for the most part are pretty clear on numbers and colors)

Whole

1997 - Tooth & Nail - ?? on Black

It's Hard To Find A Friend

1998 - Jade Tree - 500 on Gray, 500 on White

2001 - DIW/Jade Tree - ?? on Black

Only Reason I Feel Secure

1999 - Made In Mexico - 500 on Black

Winners Never Quit

2000 - Jade Tree - 500 on Gray, 500 on White

2006 - Jade Tree - Large Pressing on Black

Control

2002 - Jade Tree - maybe 100-200 on clear dark green, 800-900 on coke bottle green

Achilles Heel

2004 - Devil In The Woods - ?? on Clear Yellow

okay... let's see what we can come up with. As I said, QUOTE, CORRECT OR ADD. thanks!

I think "it's hard to find a friend" and "winners never quit" both originally came on grey and white and then later black.

i think you're right. one of those was supposed to say gray not black. i fixed it.

i believe i remember seeing either friend or winners on light blue at some point.

All Jade Tree colored releases were quantity 500. So -

I am still unsure of the dark green/light green Control. My gut wants me to say 500, even though the amount people have seen of the light green is substantially less. I tend to think they pressed 1000 - with maybe 900/100 - but not sure.

Note: The first It's Hard to Find a Friend press was Jade Tree only.

I am still unsure of the dark green/light green Control. My gut wants me to say 500, even though the amount people have seen of the light green is substantially less. I tend to think they pressed 1000 - with maybe 900/100 - but not sure.

I have a clear and dark green control. Is that what you mean about the light green? It's more rare for sure. Thanks for the info I'll keep the top post updated when I can.

I have a clear and dark green control. Is that what you mean about the light green? It's more rare for sure. Thanks for the info I'll keep the top post updated when I can.

Yeah, light green=clear. I've always thought of it as a really really light green. Good luck with the others and I'm curious to some of the other numbers if you can find them.

Not even Tooth & Nail knows the pressing numbers for Whole. The only pre-2004 T&N pressing info that exists that I know of is the Frodus releases, and that's probably because the main Frodus guy cared about it enough to find out numbers when they pressed it. I think it's safe to say it's a lost cause.

At the house show in Minneapolis this past April, David said that they are working on getting Control repressed.

Looking forward to owning a copy of that for sure

wonder who would do it. jade tree's usually not into doing represses, maybe barsuk will buy the rights... i always thought that was a very small press for such a big album. but i have both colors, so i can't complain.

Whole

2001 - Jade Tree - 500 on Gray, 500 on White (Made in mexico originally released this, as a cd only pressing. It also had a different mix.)

2004-5~ - DIW/Jade Tree - 1000 on Black

Winners Never Quit

2004-5~ - Jade Tree - Large Pressing on Black

Control

2002 - Jade Tree - maybe 100-200 on clear dark green, 3000 on coke bottle green

Achilles Heel

2004 - Devil In The Woods - 1000 on Clear Yellow

There you go.

Whole

2001 - Jade Tree - 500 on Gray, 500 on White (Made in mexico originally released this, as a cd only pressing. It also had a different mix.)

2004-5~ - DIW/Jade Tree - 1000 on Black

Winners Never Quit

2004-5~ - Jade Tree - Large Pressing on Black

Control

2002 - Jade Tree - maybe 100-200 on clear dark green, 3000 on coke bottle green

Achilles Heel

2004 - Devil In The Woods - 1000 on Clear Yellow

There you go.

are you sure about the control pressing? that seems a bit large? do you also think that's what it is for the dark green, or do you just know for a fact what the coke bottle numbers are? do you have a source? thanks!

It's been general knowledge that the pressing was 3,000 for coke bottle clear for a long time. Ebay auctions used to reflect it as well, but then pedro auctions began to have a lot of BS added to them since about 2007. If you want a source off the top of my head, here you go: http://www.pedrothelion.org/discography.html

Dark green has never been revealed, but my personal opinion is that the 3,000 includes the dark green, and not on top of the 3k. Though it's numbers are still quite small. It's semantics to wonder about that though.

I have been slowly collecting pedro records since just before david dropped the name, so I know this just off hand experience. Anything else you want to ask? This has been my favorite band for a long time after all.

• 8 years later...
56 minutes ago, Endserenading said:

Does anyone know why these records are hard to find right now? Like the 2012 reissues I mean? Like they just reunited and I can’t find a copy of control or heel anywhere. 

Epitaph acquired most (all?) of the Jade Tree catalogue. Maybe they just aren't being pressed right now and the RP from 2012 finally ran dry?