Pedro The Lion Pressing INFO

19 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Epitaph acquired most (all?) of the Jade Tree catalogue. Maybe they just aren't being pressed right now and the RP from 2012 finally ran dry?

They replied to me on FB and said they’ll all be back during the summer. Thankfully.

10 hours ago, Endserenading said:

Heck yeah man. I’ve owned them twice in the past and I’m just trying to get em back. I never let go of my slipmat that came with the reissue set pre order tho :)

That slipmat/signed poster combo was a cool plus with the reissues - regrettably the slipmat is so static-prone I can't bring it near my table without pulling all the dust from my apt into whatever record I'm spinning.

On 3/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, corey. said:

Bumping this from the dead. But anyone know what the clear variant of Control is out of / what year it's from? Not coke bottle clear. just standard clear.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2965274?ev=rb

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but theres a listing from popsike that claims its from 2002 and is out of 100. Never noticed this variant!

https://www.popsike.com/php/m-detaildata.php?itemnr=130141937878

51 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but theres a listing from popsike that claims its from 2002 and is out of 100. Never noticed this variant!

https://www.popsike.com/php/m-detaildata.php?itemnr=130141937878

Even from that picture you can see it's a coke bottle clear though. I'm 99% sure there are no "crystal clear" copies.

On 3/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, corey. said:

Bumping this from the dead. But anyone know what the clear variant of Control is out of / what year it's from? Not coke bottle clear. just standard clear.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2965274?ev=rb

Yeah, that looks like Coke Bottle for sure.

Like everyone has mentioned. Epitaph is rereleasing, almost, all of the Jade Tree catalog. Weirdly enough, everything that they've released, so far, is on two variants; black and clear.

6 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Yeah, that looks like Coke Bottle for sure.

Like everyone has mentioned. Epitaph is rereleasing, almost, all of the Jade Tree catalog. Weirdly enough, everything that they've released, so far, is on two variants; black and clear.

Yeah for sure. I know Epitaph is re-issuing and what not. I own all of the jade tree remasters anyway and am set, I just wanted some OG presses as a fan.

If they do some of the pedro reissues on clear that would be rad though. I saw It's Hard To Find A Friend went up this week for a May 4th release date but no mention of a clear variant like the others.

When I saw him here a month ago, he mentioned Epitaph getting the back catalog since Jade Tree was out of business. I was standing at the stage and audibly said "Aww." Dave says, "Yeah, well, fuck those guys." 

Haha, I felt so small. I don't know about the history. I just meant that Jade Tree released some of my favorite albums of all time.

10 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Neither do I. What's the story?

History of Jade Tree?

One of the greatest record labels of all time that just succumbed to the pressures of the modern age of people not caring about records or labels that put out records and went under. Epitaph bought rights to their entire catalog(digital and physical).