Vinyl File #4

Guest conoley

I would like to see some photos of his other collections like Jawbreaker, or just a list of his collection. I love looking through peoples list, and it kills a lot of down time at the office.

Prepare to be depressed. This list is also a year out of date, too:

here is a picture of everything in one

[image]

Guest scriptedrain

This really doesn't need to be said, but I can't believe his HWM collection.

I know he's in a fairly successful band on Victory Records, but how much money do you think his vinyl collection has cost him? Even scoring free records here and there or getting discounts, the man's collection is impressive considering he's not a millionaire.

If I'm wrong, please correct me, I just don't understand how someone can afford to buy all of those variants of each record.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain

Oh I don't doubt some were from trades, but you still have to own something to trade with. Getting them new, that's still 10-15 a piece. I'm sure he's also found a lot from eBay but he's also in a band that has toured and recorded a lot. I know there's always time to fuck around online (just look at me), I'm just wondering how someone compiles such a massive (and impressive) collection. If he just collect HWM, that'd be one thing, but the man has extensive collections from a handful of bands, along with his other countless pickups from other bands.

- Jeff

i like this interview.

like most of people here think...his collection is awesome !

hey,ben !

1917 warehouse records have 5 bands new release lp (i rise,bracewar,snake eyes and violation....and cold world - no omega) let check....

http://1917warehouse.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=51

Oh I don't doubt some were from trades, but you still have to own something to trade with. Getting them new, that's still 10-15 a piece. I'm sure he's also found a lot from eBay but he's also in a band that has toured and recorded a lot. I know there's always time to fuck around online (just look at me), I'm just wondering how someone compiles such a massive (and impressive) collection. If he just collect HWM, that'd be one thing, but the man has extensive collections from a handful of bands, along with his other countless pickups from other bands.

- Jeff

He's been collecting long before Silverstein were popular. That's part of it.

But yeah, dude spends a lot of money on his stuff -- he's bought test pressings of HWM records directly from members of the band and Var. And whenever No Idea releases anything HWM-related, he always sets aside one of every variation for Billy to order specifically.

I know he's in a fairly successful band on Victory Records, but how much money do you think his vinyl collection has cost him? Even scoring free records here and there or getting discounts, the man's collection is impressive considering he's not a millionaire.

If I'm wrong, please correct me, I just don't understand how someone can afford to buy all of those variants of each record.

- Jeff

its not hard dude, both impact and i have Against Me! collections that probably match if not exceed his HWM in terms of #'s of variants... its just a matter of really hunting what you're looking for and making the right connections to get them.... and besides No Idea's vinyl is really cheap if you buy the records new.. usually $6-$8 a pop.. cheaper if you have a wholesale account. It doesn't take a ton of money, it just takes determination.. and knowing when to jump on a good price. I mean yeah some pieces are gonna run ya a little bit of money... but after that most can be picked up for a song or traded for.

- Jeff

By no means am I suggesting that this is the case with him, but I can buy all the shit I want and not pay for it. Credit cards!