Victory Records

Guest conoley

I've been trying to add to Burnt Wolf, but I'm pretty illiterate with that stuff. Is there a quick way to learn to add albums/artists?

Yea, it can be a little tedious dealing w/ wiki syntax.

There are a couple ways to do it.

If an artist page already exists, you can Edit the page to add a release. You put the release in double brackets, e.g., [[My Record]], then save. The link to that page will be in red, then you can click on it and create the page.

I have set up templates to use for adding releases (and new artists page). When you create a new page for a release, type in {{subst:releases}} and save the page (it is set to preview the page first though, then you can save). Then the stuff will show up that you can fill in, delete, add to, etc. (You do that by adding a page).

To add pictures, you change the template part where the cover art is to a filename that makes sense. When you save the page, the link will be red. You can then click on it and upload the picture.

Browsing the categories or doing a search will show what artists pages have been created. If you do a search and the artist is not there, you can Create the page. Again, using a template, you type in {{subst:artists}} and save the page. Then edit the page to add releases.

It prob sounds harder than it is, but after a few entries it gets easier (I think).

There are some tutorials on the main page too, but I prob need to work on those a bit more.

There is also a Discussion tab off the main page for FAQs and stuff.

And there is a "Sandbox" where you can practice before mutilating wiki pages. =)

At least, I think I got that working. I should go check that.

Anyway, PM me or send a message to burntwolf at burntwolf.com

I would like to see the wiki grow and get as much info as possible, so I'm happy to help bring people up to speed on the wiki universe.