Fest 8 registration is up...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say you'd be safe two weeks out

Haha shit. I worded that pretty badly. What I meant was... will I be able to find a hotel within close range of the fest? Distance wise? Or will I have to find one miles away?

There's a Day's Inn about 2 miles away that had awesome rates a few months ago...but I haven't checked recently. Go through hotels.om though. I always get sick deals from them.

Haha shit. I worded that pretty badly. What I meant was... will I be able to find a hotel within close range of the fest? Distance wise? Or will I have to find one miles away?

There's a Day's Inn about 2 miles away that had awesome rates a few months ago...but I haven't checked recently. Go through hotels.om though. I always get sick deals from them.

Thanks a lot man... i'll check it out

Ok, so i think the HOLIDAY INN is officially closed off and full. Last week they only had single beds available for friday and saturday. Now only the Paramount is open for business.

Should be fun again this year. So who all got a Holiday inn room for fest?

I'll be there Thursday-Monday!

I just got my itinerary for this. Im going for work so they booked everything (and paid for it, which is nice) but Im staying at a Comfort Inn University. Anyone know anything about this place? How close it is to everything? This is my first time going to The Fest so I know nothing about the area.

Guest genericinsight

Thanks a lot man... i'll check it out

Me and my fest crew are rocking the Days Inn.

I just got my itinerary for this. Im going for work so they booked everything (and paid for it, which is nice) but Im staying at a Comfort Inn University. Anyone know anything about this place? How close it is to everything? This is my first time going to The Fest so I know nothing about the area.

You're about 3 miles from the action. That hotel is actually about a half mile from my apartment. If I'm thinking of the right place, it looks fairly decent, but I've never been in it.

You're about 3 miles from the action. That hotel is actually about a half mile from my apartment. If I'm thinking of the right place, it looks fairly decent, but I've never been in it.

Cool, you think it will be a problem to get a cab to and from the show? Id prefer to not rent a car.

Thanks for the info!

Cool, you think it will be a problem to get a cab to and from the show? Id prefer to not rent a car.

Thanks for the info!

I stayed there last year, its a bit of a trek but we walked it every day. Its nice enough and you get free breakfast. Bargain.

There is a bus that takes you to University Ave, it stops pretty much right outside the hotel, although we didn't find it until that last day.

Chuck it in to Google Maps you can look at the journey, also we found a Fest gem just a little further down on your way towards town on the left there is an all you can eat Chinese buffet that is both nice and cheap, well worth a visit.

Thanks for the info!

I stayed there last year, its a bit of a trek but we walked it every day. Its nice enough and you get free breakfast. Bargain.

There is a bus that takes you to University Ave, it stops pretty much right outside the hotel, although we didn't find it until that last day.

Chuck it in to Google Maps you can look at the journey, also we found a Fest gem just a little further down on your way towards town on the left there is an all you can eat Chinese buffet that is both nice and cheap, well worth a visit.

Cool, thanks a lot!

Yeah trav, I'd recommend the bus or just walking. I walked last year. The buses are alright, but they only run once an hour on saturdays and sundays. I've never taken a cab here, but I'd guess that they're pretty expensive since they are few and far between.

Also, if you're into mexican, you're really close to La Tienda which is easily the most authentic mexican place I've been too, and it's delicious.

Yeah trav, I'd recommend the bus or just walking. I walked last year. The buses are alright, but they only run once an hour on saturdays and sundays. I've never taken a cab here, but I'd guess that they're pretty expensive since they are few and far between.

Also, if you're into mexican, you're really close to La Tienda which is easily the most authentic mexican place I've been too, and it's delicious.

Yea I may try and just walk it then. I love mexican food!

Thanks for all the info guys! Much appreciated.

Looking forward to my first Fest experience.

Mexican Food in gainesville, that kinda scares me... lol

Also, not sure if they'll be doing this during the fest, but Leonardo's has been doing BOGO free slices every night after 9.

Everyone should check out Buddha Belly too.

i love leonardo's. but i don't like the fact that they never have those damn JAWBREAKER t shirts they had when i went there....i so want one really bad.

the pizza isn't too shabby there. i'm psyched to be going back

we gotta meet up for a beer, and to bullshit about baseball