Nirvana Dorks: ORG Reissues/Color Wax

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gumbercules -

did being mean to a stranger on the internet make you feel better about yourself?

mot -

i buy records so i can listen to them. as soon as they showed up this morning, i opened them, threw away the plastic & advertisement inserts, and started listening to them.

rhythmgtr5 -

like a cream or yellow i guess. whatever color you would consider the album cover.

i have an in utero on black and i believe it was part of the back in black reissue series and is the albini mix. the only differences i can hear in the albini mix is that in heart-shaped box and all apologies the guitars are a lot louder but that's about it.

the unplugged record looks so sick on red imo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, what do folks think of these remasters?

Personally, I think they are damn near perfect - nice mids, not too bloated in the low end, no sibilance. Compared to the the "320" remasters, they sound more organic and true to what I'd expect from them in the studio. The "320" remasters are a bit too boomy bass-wise for my taste.

Listened to Nevermind again tonight thru my headphones and man, it felt like I was hearing the album for the first time - such a great experience… goosebumps!!