Setup Advice

So I'm fairly new to the whole vinyl thing but the more I get into it the more I feel like buying vinyl rather than cds. Anyways I need to get a turntable and speakers and all that good stuff. I don't have tons of money to buy high end stuff but I don't want junk either so if anyone knows of any middle of the road products that they'd recommend please let me know.

I have a Technics FGServo SL-BD22 turntable that I've been more than happy with for the past 10+ years.

It wasn't one of the super expensive ones, it had to be under $300 back then...probably well under

Right now it's hooked up to my old Kenwood receiver w/ JBL speakers down in the media room.

Works fine for my purposes.

Costco had one of those turntables w/ USB output pretty cheap.

I'd say get a cheap, used tuner, a used technics turntable if you can find one (there are plenty around), and whatever speakers you can find. Then, as you get some more money, upgrade you speakers, then your turntable if you need to (probably won't).

I agree with oakland. It is usually easier and cheaper to upgrade speakers and receivers, but turntables always seem to stay at a pretty high price range for good ones.