Brand New - Daisy on LP

1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

You should teach. Your way of elaborating and explaining to the ignorant is spot on. 

Haha, I've just communicated with people in varying levels of distress for a living for the last 15 years, often having to explain simple concepts that they don't understand.

5 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I hate to tell you this, but these things still happen.

Besides the point, and why I mentioned so many different people beyond "your" kids. Empathy, dude.

You can't just put the law aside though. What happened was illegal. But the reason they hit send was because they were young, didn't understand the consequences of what they were doing, and were manipulated by an adult man who took advantage of them.

This ^^ is the part I don't think you're getting. When you were a young teen, did no one ever trick you into doing something you regretted? Not even sexually , just in general.  It happened because they're young and their brains aren't those of adults yet. That's why the laws exist. They do stupid impulsive things.

That last bit leads me to believe maybe you've got some skeletons in your closet.

I understood the empathy suggestion,

in criminal justice I learned a lot about understanding people and motives.

I personally find fault with Jesse breaking the laws and that is a issue. I also find fault for girls who willingly did it and regretted it.

I knew that stuff was wrong when I was younger and at the age of 15. 

Wouldn't it be illegal for her to send nudes?

I just don't side with all victims and I tend to play devil's advocate for fun.

I don't think your understanding that things that you think are absolutely horrible is not un heard of in many other countries

Not saying it's ok, it  just would of been a lot more important if she said he raped or beat her.

Also, no skeletons just clothes and old band shirts I should sell since I don't wear a lot of them lmao

I'd be interested in what your thoughts and other board members thoughts are on  the song "hand cuffs" 

6 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

I'd be interested in what your thoughts and other board members thoughts are on  the song "hand cuffs" 

Since Vinny wrote the song, I'd have to assume it's totally unrelated to Jesse Lacey. Or it could be exactly about how he's a piece of shit. Or some combination of the 2. 

I do like that song. I also have a really difficult the listening to BN because of how the lyrics are tainted now.

21 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Since Vinny wrote the song, I'd have to assume it's totally unrelated to Jesse Lacey. Or it could be exactly about how he's a piece of shit. Or some combination of the 2. 

I do like that song. I also have a really difficult the listening to BN because of how the lyrics are tainted now.

I understand that, that song seemed really strange to me then and now I was like wtf lol

I got the devil on the shoulder parallel to the lyrics but it's one that give me weird vibes if I think about the statement he wrote and the article I read. Now I just gotta hope Vinny doesn't struggle with all the same issues lol heh

21 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Let's remember that the band has basically disappeared and vanished and hasn't tried to make a comeback or to explain anything so it's safe to assume some admission of guilt from that. 

I agree , I assume that much.

I just hope pedophilia wasn't actually his thing their was millions 18yr olds back in the day that dreamed of this band as if they were NSYNC or something

16 hours ago, Andy Nghost * BOO! said:

Lol imagine thinking "going to the police" is that easy, or solves anything, or that victims are so clueless they haven't contemplated that.

Quit trying to rationalize phenomena with next to no facts about it.

Those are viable options along with many others,

Do you have the facts?

24 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

I agree , I assume that much.

I just hope pedophilia wasn't actually his thing their was millions 18yr olds back in the day that dreamed of this band as if they were NSYNC or something

I mean, it obviously was to a degree. That's what seems so baffling about you defending him and putting any blame on the young girls he manipulated.

What you said above about it "not being as bad as if he raped or beat them," I mean...duh? There's always something worse. If he had raped some poor girl, would you say, "well I mean, it isn't like he murdered her?" That's the problem with comparing degrees of "bad" in these situations. He did some fucked up shit, manipulated young girls who felt they couldn't besmirch their idol/thought it was ok at the time, and then grew up and realized, "oh, that was messed up and illegal."

If homeboy had gotten reported and been caught with that shit on his computer back when it happened he'd have gone to jail, been registered as a sex offender, and likely gotten the shit kicked out of him unless he got moved into solitary.

It's like...I love David Bowie, but he deflowered a 13 year old girl. That shit is fucked up. She "consented" at the time, but that's way too young to be able to consent to something like that and I'd never defend him or put blame on the girl. Doesn't mean I don't like his music, just if somebody goes, "David Bowie was a piece of shit," I kind of just nod and move along with my day because he kind of was.

As far as it not being unheard of in other countries...dude doesn't live in those countries, so he needs to follow the law. Additionally, maybe those countries need to take a look at their laws. Sex tourism is a thing in SE Asia, doesn't mean it's a good thing for people to go have sex with underaged sex slaves, and if someone from the US gets caught, guess what happens when they come back? 

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

52 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

I personally find fault with Jesse breaking the laws and that is a issue. I also find fault for girls who willingly did it and regretted it.

I knew that stuff was wrong when I was younger and at the age of 15

You’re making the assumption that everyone is capable of having that type of understanding at that age which is definitely not the case.  As stated by others, kids make impulsive decisions.  Do you think the regret comes from them realizing that they were being groomed, perhaps?  Maybe realized that this guys actions may not be so innocent?   

Just now, ChristDeformed said:

You’re making the assumption that everyone is capable of having that type of understanding at that age which is definitely not the case.  As stated by others, kids make impulsive decisions.  Do you think the regret comes from them realizing that they were being groomed, perhaps?  Maybe realized that this guys actions may not be so innocent?   

Boom. Said it better and more simply than I could find words for.

Just now, SwiftCat said:

I was trying to imply the victim did nothing at all to protect themselves, the police might have been smart enough to tell her not to log on Skype 

Jeeeeesus. And if you ever get mugged someday (I hope you don't) I hope the police are kind enough to tell you that you could have prevented it by not leaving your house.

Did you read that website? It outlines many, many reasons someone may not go to the police.

1 minute ago, ChristDeformed said:

I get it, I really do I just get tired of this stupid cancel culture but he admitted to haveing an addiction to sex, it's obvious he's not a good person. It had been a long time since I read the statement and I interpreted differently than I do now.

1 minute ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Jeeeeesus. And if you ever get mugged someday (I hope you don't) I hope the police are kind enough to tell you that you could have prevented it by not leaving your house.

Did you read that website? It outlines many, many reasons someone may not go to the police.

Being mugged is a lot different, but I get your point. Geez

4 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

4 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

I get it, I really do I just get tired of this stupid cancel culture but he admitted to haveing an addiction to sex, it's obvious he's not a good person. It had been a long time since I read the statement and I interpreted differently than I do now.

Save the cancel culture argument for the Vince Neil’s of the world.  Grooming kids is anything but a mistake and completely inexcusable.

13 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

If homeboy had gotten reported and been caught with that shit on his computer back when it happened he'd have gone to jail, been registered as a sex offender, and likely gotten the shit kicked out of him unless he got moved into solitary

Starts with a police report, lmao

But dude I get what your saying. I really do, I think using his pop punk sad boy came to manipulate is bs.

How about joke to lighten things up...

Probably wouldn't of got:

" the devil and God are raging inside me".  

8 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

Being mugged is a lot different, but I get your point. Geez

How much different though? Say they didn't  hurt you physically, they took something from you (which is replaceable), but they left you with psychological trauma, all because you made the decision to go outside.

He didn't physically harm these girls, but he made an impact on them psychologically that will affect them their entire lives. All because they made the decision to talk online with their favorite musician.

7 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

Starts with a police report, lmao

But dude I get what your saying. I really do

But if you'd read the site I'd linked and listened to the other users, you'd know that while, yes, it's physically very easy to report a crime, many go unreported for the numerous reasons listed on that website. You think this gal's friend group wouldn't have possibly completely abandoned her if she'd gone to the police about their favorite musician? That's just one reason it may have been hard for her to go to the police. And as a child that reason seems very important.

What if something happened to you as a kid, but you knew that by telling anyone about it you'd possibly lose every friend you had? Would you still tell anyone? Not too many kids would.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

11 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

I understand. Jesse hid this a long time and wrote a statement very quick afterward. pretty crazy

So how many people  still listen to brand new?

I do. Jesse's personal life has no bearing on whether I listen to his band or not.

He's still awful, and I still don't see how you can blame a child for any part in what he did, then act like you weren't defending him and throwing the girls under the bus. I know you don't really want to examine this any deeper, but you should, and it should make you think about your own life and where you draw lines on this stuff.

That's the last I'll say about it though even though I'd like to push it further because it still seems like you don't really "get it."

9 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I do. Jesse's personal life has no bearing on whether I listen to his band or not.

He's still awful, and I still don't see how you can blame a child for any part in what he did, then act like you weren't defending him and throwing the girls under the bus. I know you don't really want to examine this any deeper, but you should, and it should make you think about your own life and where you draw lines on this stuff.

That's the last I'll say about it though even though I'd like to push it further because it still seems like you don't really "get it."

If you believed all that you wouldn't support them by listening to them.

We all have our own perspective and I get yours but you keep saying child like this was 13 year olds.idk statistics on it  but most girls lose their virginity around age (15) and a a few end up pregnant cause that's the reality of the world we live in.  Idk why this is so personal to you, while I get your point I can still disagree on some things and I do think the actual victim at age 15 was smart enough to take pics and send them or watch Jesse.

And willingly or unwilling it will change that 15 year old for ever.

I think 10 years or what ever later it's a word called regret.

I'll clarify: I understand your perspective and I see it a little different But I do agree on a lot of the things you say which is what I've said in previous posts.

At age 15-16 you can drive and work which I see it as... You can start being a adult now and make decisions

You don't understand it but I'll say it again other countries your a adult at 14

But you seem to care about a u.s. law.

If it would have happened in Peru or Italy it's ok I guess. I hate the idea of people preying on others and it's bothersome. I really ain't defending him, I'm just adding that the girl could be considered guilty as well.