Ticketmaster=fucked!

Fuuuuuuck...

Thursday / Fall of Troy - 1 ticket almost $27.00 (ticket itself is $14.00)

Mastodon/Dethklok/Converge - 1 ticket almost $47.00 (ticket itself is $31.00)

it's 42.50 here. but it's not through ticketmaster but frontgate. still damn... oh well, im not missing mastodon. i hope dethklock headlines so i can leave early and beat traffic

I have to give mad props to the Metro in Chicago for finally taking a stand and moving ALL of their ticket sales off of tickemaster to etix.com, which doesn't rape it's customers as bad.

In fact, most of the smaller venues in Chicago use ticketweb or something similar. They only charge 3 or 4 dollars a ticket. That's certainly more appropriate.

How does an intermediary like that make so much money!!????

From a 2006 interview with the COO of Ticketweb:

http://www.ticketrends.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=35

Brian: - Dan, the big question that we get is about the relationship between you and Ticketmaster.

Dan: - Yeah, we get that all the time.

Brian: - So lay it out for us. What is the relationship and when would a particular venue or performer choose you over your big brother?

Dan: - Well, you have to understand the history of TicketWeb to appreciate today's situation. TicketWeb has always specialized in serving small and medium-sized clients, especially festivals and rock-n-roll clubs throughout the United States and the United Kingdom. This has not changed since TicketWeb agreed to join Ticketmaster and Ticketmaster has always let TicketWeb "do its thing." Listen, the client is the one who decides which ticketing provider they think is the best and will serve their needs. That might be TicketWeb, Ticketmaster or 50 other competitors in this free land of ours. We do like to think that TicketWeb or one of our sister company products are the best at serving their respective segments. But to answer your question directly, clients choose TicketWeb because our web-based system is powerful but easy-to-use. No manual required. Our system puts them in control of their own business and helps them improve and streamline their business and make more money. Period. To allude to one of my favorite movies, Spinal Tap, TicketWeb takes our clients' businesses up several notches. TicketWeb goes to 11.