Thrice - Beggars

Yeah I know.. Epic Fail on my behalf but I had no Idea it was still in stores..

Just got into vinyl about 2 weeks ago and didn't know of any vinyl stores online.

btw: what's a flipper?

Sorry about that man, fortunately for you VC is a great place to be when you start collecting vinyl. It should help you avoid situations like this.

And a "flipper" is someone who buys an album that they expect will sell out with the sole intention of reselling it immediately after for a substantial profit. In some situations it really sucks for collectors, but lots of collectors will buy doubles of albums they like in hopes of reselling one to cover the cost of the one they keep.

[image]

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know.. Epic Fail on my behalf but I had no Idea it was still in stores..

Just got into vinyl about 2 weeks ago and didn't know of any vinyl stores online.

btw: what's a flipper?

Sorry about that man, fortunately for you VC is a great place to be when you start collecting vinyl. It should help you avoid situations like this.

And a "flipper" is someone who buys an album that they expect will sell out with the sole intention of reselling it immediately after for a substantial profit. In some situations it really sucks for collectors, but lots of collectors will buy doubles of albums they like in hopes of reselling one to cover the cost of the one they keep.

Hey thanks for being mature and explaining in a cool manner..

I totally see what you're saying about "flippers"

Yeah VC seems like both a great store and online community..

As I stated earlier.. I just recently discovered the vinyl world, and

now that I've found VC I'm sure I won't have to resort to inflated prices on ebay anymore :)

Just so you guys know, I'm expecting a copy of Beggars in the mail that I'm going to put up in the for sale/trade forum at VC. It's a numbered and signed copy (dunno which color yet though). It's for Haiti relief and the person who donates $20 to a related charity (with a screenshot of the payment) gets it. Please, please, please don't photoshop the donation payment screenshot and try to pass it off as legit. It's not stealing from me, it's stealing from the desperate and needy!

I can't accept PMs about it now since I wanna give some more people a shot at it. I'll post more info when I get the record.

Just so you guys know, I'm expecting a copy of Beggars in the mail that I'm going to put up in the for sale/trade forum at VC. It's a numbered and signed copy (dunno which color yet though). It's for Haiti relief and the person who donates $20 to a related charity (with a screenshot of the payment) gets it. Please, please, please don't photoshop the donation payment screenshot and try to pass it off as legit. It's not stealing from me, it's stealing from the desperate and needy!

I can't accept PMs about it now since I wanna give some more people a shot at it. I'll post more info when I get the record.

+1 dude.

man i wanted that mustard so bad

Yeah it was my first choice of the non-purples. Thinking back I just can't even fathom why I passed up an opportunity to own the rarest version of my favorite album by my favorite band for $10 more. I'm such an idiot.

probably because everyone was saying how shitty the purple looked and subconsciously it influenced your decision

fucking dubmaverick. he has said before that the purples were sold out, and as far as i know were the first 50 out of 1000. this one is numbered 293/1000. i can almost guarantee you, he pulled one out of the closet and switched it out with another copy

http://cgi.ebay.com/THRICE-BEGGARS-LP-PURPLE-COLOR-SIGNED-BOOK-W-DOWNLOAD_W0QQitemZ130362130269QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item1e5a303f5d

fucking dubmaverick. he has said before that the purples were sold out, and as far as i know were the first 50 out of 1000. this one is numbered 293/1000. i can almost guarantee you, he pulled one out of the closet and switched it out with another copy

http://cgi.ebay.com/THRICE-BEGGARS-LP-PURPLE-COLOR-SIGNED-BOOK-W-DOWNLOAD_W0QQitemZ130362130269QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item1e5a303f5d

i'm sure he will continue this with the purples seeing as how they are going for so much. They are limited to "50". you'll never know how many are actually out there