Short story why VC is the best.

Hi everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. I usually don't post on message boards, but everyone seems nice here. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. ANYWAY, here is my story:

A few months ago I purchased some records from VC. They never showed, even though the confirmation said they did. I emailed Virgil to see if they were returned for some reason, and of course they werent. Bummer man. I live in Wicker Park in Chicago, so I assumed someone swiped them off of my door step. Anyway, a couple weeks later I receive an email from VC, saying that they got an email from a record store (Permanent Records) saying they had some records that were meant for me. So I head down to Permanent, and some old dude had sold them them my records(3 of them) for $7 and left my packing slip in the box. They said the guy seemed kind of fishy, so they emailed VC wondering if I had goten my order, and VC relayed the message to me. So Permanent tried giving me my records back for nothing, but I happily paid them the $7 that they paid the douchebag that stole them.

So at this point I can't believe how awesome Permanent was, and VC for taking the time to email me abou it.

So, about a week later I'm checking my bank statement and notice I had a refund from VC for, yep you guessed it, $7. I never asked for that, and certainly didn't expect it. I mean, why would I?, its not their fault in the slightest. I'm assuming Permanent emailed VC back after I had gotten my records, and must have told VC that I paid them $7 for them. I couldn't believe it. I maybe place a small order every 2 months, so I'm by no means one of their biggest customers.

I just had to share that story in case there were readers on here wondering about ordering from VC. The rest of you all know how amazing Virgil and everyone else is. So if anyone from VC reads this, just know that you have yet another lifelong fan and supporter. Thanks again for everything.

Guest kissthesharks

Everyone at vc was really cool when they forgot a record once. Plus I like the extras they sometimes throw in (cd's, coasters, etc) Plus, someone either drew boobs or eyeballs on my invoice. It's good to order from humans.

It's really great to see this kind of stuff. Thanks for sharing the story and thanks for all the kind words friends. We sometimes stresss out when we make mistakes (more than we like to admit) or when records take longer than we would like them to, but in the end, it is an honor to sell records to all of you. I hung out with Steve from RX bandits yesterday and it was really encouraging for me to hear his thoughts on Vinyl Collective saying that he loves the amount of care and detail we put into the site and the connection with our customers. When I started Vinyl Collective 3 years ago, I wanted to do my best attempt at making an online store feel like a real store.

And thanks to Permanent Records for being so fucking cool.

One thing that should be taken from all of this, if you live in an apartment, consider getting a po box. you just never know what might happen with neighbors, sketchy folks. More times than not, when people ask about a package that says delivered and they didn't get it, they live in an apartment complex.

great story. this made me think of last winter, i made an order and VC forgot to ship 1 record, it was Nada Surf - Lucky. So i e-mailed them, and quickly got a response and Virgil apologized and said he would send me the record. Their customer service is great, which is something that every record label/stores should have in priority. VC is probably is one of the best in there. i wish there was a media mail option, so i could order more from here.

Lance is definitely a good dude. get a PO box for mailorders, especially if you live in that neighborhood.

Yes, Lance is a great dude, and Liz as well. Liz actually took the guys name that sold her my records. So I tried looking the douchebag up on myspace, facebook, google, etc. and the picture that came up, looked like my neighbor below me. This is the only neighbor that I have hated, as he sings Paramore into his karoke machine at 3am every wednesday morning. But anyway, I called my landlord and found out all the names in my building, but it wasn't anyone. So I couldn't do some ass beating, but I did get my William Elliott Whitmore record, so happy endings.

Guest markovianprocess
great story. this made me think of last winter, i made an order and VC forgot to ship 1 record, it was Nada Surf - Lucky. So i e-mailed them, and quickly got a response and Virgil apologized and said he would send me the record. Their customer service is great, which is something that every record label/stores should have in priority. VC is probably is one of the best in there. i wish there was a media mail option, so i could order more from here.

I picked up that record for £3 new in a local store. Pretty sweet find.