Half.com problem question

thomas

I sold an item for $6.49, and it cost me $2.70 to ship it. Yesterday the item returns because the PO Box was closed, now the guy wants me to send it to a different address. If I do that I have to pay $2.70 again, use and new mailer, and waste my time at the post office. Half won't reimburse me for shipping again, even though it was the buyers mistake. I'm thinking of just refunding him all his money but shipping, since I did ship it and wasted my time and money. Do you think this is a good idea, or do you think if it happened to you you would get pissed and leave negative feedback and file a complaint with ebay?

Something similar to this has happened to me before. I bought something off of ebay & then sent him a message saying that payment was sent & where to ship it to. It turns out that I had not updated my paypal with my new address & that was where he decided to send it. Not his fault so I drove over to my old place, knocked on the door & sure enough my record was sitting in the mailer on some fratty looking dudes coffee table & he was more than happy to hand it over. Moral of the story, it was my mistake & I didn't fault the sender.