13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

So apparently Klopp will leave Dortmund. There are rumors, that some Premier League clubs are interested.

Kloppo will leave. Hopefully he joins the Premier League. But there is an other bad rumour: Guardiola will leave the arrogant farmers in 2016 and Kloppo will take over. I really hope this is just a rumour.

So apparently Klopp will leave Dortmund. There are rumors, that some Premier League clubs are interested.

Pretty much nailed on to go to City in my opinion. If he fancies a bit more of a challenge, I'll pick him up from Germany myself and drive him to Newcastle.

Kloppo will leave. Hopefully he joins the Premier League. But there is an other bad rumour: Guardiola will leave the arrogant farmers in 2016 and Kloppo will take over. I really hope this is just a rumour.

Can't see that happening, Klopp seems like he'd be more loyal to Dortmund.

After watching the press conference I don't think he will go to Bayern. He said he won't have a timeout, so I can't see him anywhere else for just one year. Except he wants to go to Hamburg, haha.

After watching the press conference I don't think he will go to Bayern. He said he won't have a timeout, so I can't see him anywhere else for just one year. Except he wants to go to Hamburg, haha.

Apparently Tuchel was going to Hamburg? I was also wanting him at Newcastle so a bit gutted about that.

Yeah, Tuchel was apparently going to Hamburg until that news with Klopp came up. A few moments later Hamburg presented Bruno Labaddia as the new coach and Tuchel will apparently go to Dortmund.

Great choice for Dortmund in my opinion. Shouldn't changed too much from the Klopp/Dortumnd way.

Hahaha I just read that at work whilst trying not to laugh out loud so people know I'm not working.

The big man is still answering questions. I managed to catch the following words: "Extreme", "Sport" and "And". Make of that what you will. In my mind he's considering a new career as a skydiver.

Don't think he'll go to City, he's not an idiot, you can win the league there and get sacked. He's said in the past that teams with money like that don't interest him. Arsenal will get Guardiola.

That's true. When he went to Dortmund, he had to build up a whole new team and there was no money to just buy them. I'm not too familiar with the Premier League, but are there any teams in a similar situation? Everton? Newcastle?

Don't think he'll go to City, he's not an idiot, you can win the league there and get sacked. He's said in the past that teams with money like that don't interest him. Arsenal will get Guardiola.

It's hard to say really. Things can change over time and sometimes enough money can change your mind. Klopp has strongly hinted hat he would either stay in Germany or go to England. I think of the top teams then United, Arsenal and Chelsea is definitely out of the question...maybe it could be Liverpool or who knows, could also be Everton. Anyways, it's all speculation, so I guess we will see about it. 

Regarding Pep then I really hope we will never see him in Arsenal. I don't like him at all since he seems so damn arrogant, but that is just my opinion. Also, I think he got the same problem as Wenger with never having a plan B. He has always had the luxury of managing a team where a plan B was rarely needed.

That's true. When he went to Dortmund, he had to build up a whole new team and there was no money to just buy them. I'm not too familiar with the Premier League, but are there any teams in a similar situation? Everton? Newcastle?

They had some great young players, Southampton is probably the closest to Dortmund in that respect. By "money" i mean clubs who are backed by investors i.e Man City, Chelsea, though - clubs without patience, basically. 

I also don't think Guardiola is all that. If you gave me Barcelona and Bayern Munich to manage I bet I could do a good job. He needs a lesser team to prove it to me.

I think Guardiola is all that, granted he inherited the majority of that incredible Barca team but the way they played was down to him, 2009-2011 they were the best team i've ever watched and probably the best team most people alive now will ever see. You should read his auto-biography, i think it'll change your mind. Also it's worth noting that some managers since him have done very poorly in comparison with a relatively similar squad and further, if you're managing one of the best teams to ever play football, you're clearly going to go to a top-end team afterwards - Bayern. I would love to see him at Arsenal, still an elite team but certainly lesser then the pervious two, i think he'd be great, if he recreated what Wenger did when he joined Guardiola would have to go down as one of the best managers ever.

I think Guardiola is all that, granted he inherited the majority of that incredible Barca team but the way they played was down to him, 2009-2011 they were the best team i've ever watched and probably the best team most people alive now will ever see. You should read his auto-biography, i think it'll change your mind. Also it's worth noting that some managers since him have done very poorly in comparison with a relatively similar squad and further, if you're managing one of the best teams to ever play football, you're clearly going to go to a top-end team afterwards - Bayern. I would love to see him at Arsenal, still an elite team but certainly lesser then the pervious two, i think he'd be great, if he recreated what Wenger did when he joined Guardiola would have to go down as one of the best managers ever.

I'll check it out, I've been looking for a new one to read. I'd love to seem him go to Arsenal, Liverpool, etc and do well though. I don't even know why I'm not a huge fan, it's just something that's making me think he's not going to be around for the long haul as a 'top' manager.

Do the Geordies actually think they have a chance getting Klopp?

Everything thats happening there and the so called "boycott" at the weekend is laughable. They have to get over the fact they're not a "big" club at all and have never really have been.

I love mike ashley <3 IDST 

No we don't at all. It's the type of fan that the media pick to go on tv that just embarasses us all (the ones with no teeth, drunk outside of the stadium at 11am on a tuesday). Every fan has them, unfortuantley Newcastle seem to have more than most.

However the typical fans know we'll never get Klopp or a manager of any pedigree. We'll be happy as long as it's not Carver. I think it'll either be McClaren (if Derby don't go up) or Remi Garde. I'd be happy with just someone young and who likes to play attacking football (Eddie Howe maybe?)

It's fustrating as we are like the 19th richest club but nobody with any power at Newcastle wants to show any ambition to try and get us back up to at least fighting for the Europa league.