13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

I've been to a match at Stamford Bridge, absolutely do not like Chelsea despite them being obviously a quality side. I follow Man United (yes go piss up a rope) and watch any and all Premier League matches that are on TV here but it's really hard for me to follow so closely because I am also a huge Colleee football fan and I watch the NFL. With that said Memphis, Shaw, and Darmian looked great yesterday.

Another Everton fan here. I had no particular reason to start supporting them a couple of years ago, I just liked their style of play and was drawn to them. Didn't even know much about Howard as I was just getting into football.

I went to Goodison and Stamford Bridge earlier this year. It's amazing to see the passion in person.

That's cool. I like Martinez alright, I think there is some good core talent that didn't totally materialize last year and they probably overachieved the year prior. I don't think they hit the Champions or anything, maybe the Europa. I'm pulling for that. I'd like a top 10 at least. Hopefully Stones stays, though they just added the SA kid. Who knows.

As a Newcastle fan I'm here to tell you not to support us.

It's nothing but pain, depression and just ridiculous decisions every week. The fan base, stadium and the money to actually do something pretty special but never will.

I wouldn't change it for the world emot-allears.gif

As a Middlesbrough fan I would say support us because;

We are the best team in the north east (sorry McCandless haha)

Have arguable the best chairman in the whole country

Are making a real fight for it to get back to where we belong

The biggest underdogs and provided the biggest comeback since Lazarus in the Uefa cup quarter and semi final in 2006.

Expected though to be disappointed lots, have the worst emotional journey and to put up with other boro fans who can be moronic in what they say from time to time.

As an added extra you'll also have the moral high ground over any other fan because, you know, its boro and not the scum from manchester or liverpool.

/rant 

• 1 month later...

What the hell is going on with the Premier teams in the Champions right now?

For Arsenal it's the same old same that they have a very shaky defensive structure at the start of the season (and lol @ wenger for chosing Ospina over Cech for the Olympiaskos game. I get that rotation is needed, but this was a pretty important game). Now Arsenal basically have to beat Bayern Munich in one of group stage games otherwise this will be the year that they don't make it through to the group stage...Overall the english teams perform shitty in europe so far. This was a problem last year as well. I guess that PRL will lose one of the CHL spots after this season. 

I do wonder why they are performing so terrible in europe.

I'm sure they should have spent more money on transfers.  :P

Arsenal should have for sure, seems like all of us Arsenal fans are mad about that. We have no real back up for Coq if he gets injured. Also the striker position....Also the CB position. If we get two injuries in that position (Which we seem to do every season) it means Chambers or Monreal will have to play CB, dear oh dear. Well, the other top teams in England did spend a lot of money and is still doing poorly in Europe xD Oh dear, I fear that man united will slaughter Arsenal this weekend. Arsenal definitely have to step up their game to have a chance.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...