13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno man, I think you're right, we've got some tough fixtures coming up, & losing to Wolves & drawing at home to Hull will probably cost us come the end of the season.

Glad to see Super Pav grabbing a couple of goals yesterday, shame he wants to go, I rate him higher than Crouch. Also, Defoe's goal was way offside!

Bummed, Aaron Ramsay got his leg broken so badly against Stoke today, hope he recovers as quickly as possible. Feel sorry for Shawcross who did it, terrible tackle but he seemed gutted, crying as he left the pitch.

[image]

I'm sure Shawcross is all smiles now that he's been bumped up to the English side. What a joke. Arsenal gets it worse than any other team in the league. Hope this is the motivation they need to climb to the top.

Bummed, Aaron Ramsay got his leg broken so badly against Stoke today, hope he recovers as quickly as possible. Feel sorry for Shawcross who did it, terrible tackle but he seemed gutted, crying as he left the pitch.

[image]

I'm sure Shawcross is all smiles now that he's been bumped up to the English side. What a joke. Arsenal gets it worse than any other team in the league. Hope this is the motivation they need to climb to the top.

my opinion on him has definitely changed since it all happened, he's done this before, no breaks but some seriously malicious challenges.

my opinion on him has definitely changed since it all happened, he's done this before, no breaks but some seriously malicious challenges.

Agreed. This could have just as easily happened to a Bellamy or a Skrtel but life is all about timing I guess. Even though he started pouring tears as he was sent off, is a 3 game suspension long enough? He just took Aaron out for 2 years?

Agreed. This could have just as easily happened to a Bellamy or a Skrtel but life is all about timing I guess. Even though he started pouring tears as he was sent off, is a 3 game suspension long enough? He just took Aaron out for 2 years?

I don't think there was any intent in the challenge, had he intended to hurt Ramsey & that showed, then maybe a longer suspension would be justified. It wasn't a two footed tackle like I've seen before, with both feet off the ground, & I've seen players stay on the pitch after worse tackles. If you take Shawcross's reaction, it was that of somebody who I think genuinely regretted what had happened almost instantly.

The trouble here is that unfortunately these things do happen, it's a risk these players have to take, & they're aware of that when they step onto the pitch each & every week. Wenger didn't help matters by suggesting it wasn't a coincidence, even in a situation like this he succeeded in alienating himself & his team from any sympathy with his comments.

That's my take on things anyway.

I don't think there was any intent in the challenge, had he intended to hurt Ramsey & that showed, then maybe a longer suspension would be justified. It wasn't a two footed tackle like I've seen before, with both feet off the ground, & I've seen players stay on the pitch after worse tackles. If you take Shawcross's reaction, it was that of somebody who I think genuinely regretted what had happened almost instantly.

The trouble here is that unfortunately these things do happen, it's a risk these players have to take, & they're aware of that when they step onto the pitch each & every week. Wenger didn't help matters by suggesting it wasn't a coincidence, even in a situation like this he succeeded in alienating himself & his team from any sympathy with his comments.

Don't agree, i saw a slow mo replay the other day and he went right over the ball, followed through like a golf swing, there was no way he was going to get out of that challenge without hurting him. No one goes out of their way to break another player's leg but if you go in recklessly, then you don't deserve the sympathy that he's getting. He put Adebayor out for four weeks with a challenge that he went in for when the ball wasn't even in play a few years back!

Arsene Wenger's job is to back up and protect his players, what would Alex Ferguson have said if this happened to Rooney or Harry if this happened to Defoe? Nothing wrong with what he said, whether or not he's "that type of player" doesn't have any bearing on how the challenge is judged, and it was a fucking shit challenge.

Don't agree, i saw a slow mo replay the other day and he went right over the ball, followed through like a golf swing, there was no way he was going to get out of that challenge without hurting him. No one goes out of their way to break another player's leg but if you go in recklessly, then you don't deserve the sympathy that he's getting. He put Adebayor out for four weeks with a challenge that he went in for when the ball wasn't even in play a few years back!

Arsene Wenger's job is to back up and protect his players, what would Alex Ferguson have said if this happened to Rooney or Harry if this happened to Defoe? Nothing wrong with what he said, whether or not he's "that type of player" doesn't have any bearing on how the challenge is judged, and it was a fucking shit challenge.

Can't blame Wenger for feeling that way. How many legs have to be broken before you notice a pattern? Especially people showing that much promise. Obviously the Van Persie case of out of the EPL but it hurts this team just as much and shows that Arsenal players gets pushed around because of their size. I'm very surprised nothing major has happened to Cese yet this season considering how many horrible challenges he has taken.