13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

If I were still in England I'd be annoyed at a lot of our fixtures. Too many long mid week away trips.

Charlton away first aint bad though.

The FA don't care about fans, at all. We've got ridiculous mid week trips (Cardiff & Brentford spring to mind).

I know Hartlepool play Plymouth (away) on the last game of the season, which is a joke in my eyes.

Can't wait for the amount of early kick off's we'll have because it'll be on sky as well. Lost count last season but about 6/7 I think?

Fuck sky, Fuck the FA. I still want my 3 points back from 96/97. /rant

You can watch women's world cup in the meantime.

I watched a bit of the England v Columbia game. Don't get me wrong, the exposure and everything is really good for Women's football and I'm happy that it's becoming more popular and stuff. The teams being on the new FIFA game in September is excellent as well but the quality of the football is very questionable. I've seen better SPL games.

Not an adequate replacement for the rollercoaster journey of the Championship / EPL. Hence my comment.

The U21's tournament is also not the best. Even with big Gibbo and Kane. 

I watched a game at the weekend and the quality was so poor. Took 50 minutes for the first shot on goal and even that was just a mess of a build up. I reckon a league 1 team would be a pretty even game.

I do hope the increase in exposure will get more women playing it, more money, better training/coaches and an increase in quality.

By the way, are people still interested in doing the fantasy premier league? When it opens back up I'll open the league again.

Lets hope I don't fail miserably like I did last year.

McCandless, any news on Austin to you lot?

I made one last year and forgot all about it so I'm guessing I came bottom. I'm down for one.

And nah still nothing, I think he'll end up at Southampton rather than us. We can't even sign an assistant manager, never mind a player at the moment.

You guys done much in the window yet?

And nah still nothing, I think he'll end up at Southampton rather than us. We can't even sign an assistant manager, never mind a player at the moment.

I've heard that Newcastle is interested in Dost and Matip. I think Dost is a bit overrated; without De Bruyne he wouldn't have scored that often in the Bundesliga. Matip on the other hand might be a good choice for your defense.

I made one last year and forgot all about it so I'm guessing I came bottom. I'm down for one.

You guys done much in the window yet?

Nothing as yet, He's playing his cards close to his chest. People interested in Adomah & Tomlin... no surprise.

Vossen is still an open book but Celtic are interested and apparently bookies have reduced odds of Downing coming back from 6/1 to 11/4. Not reading into that though ha.

I've heard that Newcastle is interested in Dost and Matip. I think Dost is a bit overrated; without De Bruyne he wouldn't have scored that often in the Bundesliga. Matip on the other hand might be a good choice for your defense.

Yeah I'm not sold on Dost at all. He had one good period where he scored all his goals, other than that he's not exactly been impressive.

We need defence though, we have had the same centre backs since we got relegated 5 years a go and every season we're in the top 3 of the most goals conceded. I just don't understand why we haven't sorted this out earlier.

Nothing as yet, He's playing his cards close to his chest. People interested in Adomah & Tomlin... no surprise.

Vossen is still an open book but Celtic are interested and apparently bookies have reduced odds of Downing coming back from 6/1 to 11/4. Not reading into that though ha.

Can't see Downing coming back just yet, I do think he will next season though if it doesn't work out with Bilic.

I didn't even realise Vossen was only on loan, wouldn't mind him here! If he and Bamford don't return, you really need to replace the goals next season for sure.

Yeah I'm not sold on Dost at all. He had one good period where he scored all his goals, other than that he's not exactly been impressive.

We need defence though, we have had the same centre backs since we got relegated 5 years a go and every season we're in the top 3 of the most goals conceded. I just don't understand why we haven't sorted this out earlier.

Can't see Downing coming back just yet, I do think he will next season though if it doesn't work out with Bilic.

I didn't even realise Vossen was only on loan, wouldn't mind him here! If he and Bamford don't return, you really need to replace the goals next season for sure.

Yeah, Rhodes has been talked about since January but I don't think he's worth the price tag (£10-11m) they're putting on him at all.

It's now official, Liverpool signed Firmino. In my opinion the best signing in the PL so far.

I know nothing about him if I'm honest. His stats didn't convince me he's a £30m player however i'll be the first to admit I have never seen him play before.

The money that's going to get thrown around by the prem clubs the next few years is about to get crazy. Sterling for £40m+, he's never worth that.

I know nothing about him if I'm honest. His stats didn't convince me he's a £30m player however i'll be the first to admit I have never seen him play before.

The money that's going to get thrown around by the prem clubs the next few years is about to get crazy. Sterling for £40m+, he's never worth that.

I wouldn't judge him by his stats. If it wasn't for him (and Volland) Hoffenheim wouldn't have placed as good as they did the last 2 years. But I agree with you, that it's ridiculous, how much some clubs are willing to spend for one single player.

I wouldn't judge him by his stats. If it wasn't for him (and Volland) Hoffenheim wouldn't have placed as good as they did the last 2 years. But I agree with you, that it's ridiculous, how much some clubs are willing to spend for one single player.

I'm the same, never heard of him if i'm honest. then again, i don't watch bundesliga...

IMO wage caps or something need to happen soon, it's killing the game for me. No idea how they would implement it but something better than FFP needs to happen as rich clubs just pay the fines.

It makes the gap between clubs with sheikh etc and smaller clubs (like boro) far too vast. It's scary.

Stirling for £40m+ is ridiculous. He's worth £15m tops.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I just say.... £49m for Sterling... AHAHAHAHA.

Horrible little twat. Hope he rots on the bench at city. Greed has just ruined his carrer imo. 

Could buy 490 George Friends for that.

Sterling is never worth £49m and Liverpool (and QPR) are the only winners in all this.

However I honestly don't think by moving to City he's ruined his career. They are going to play him after paying that much for him so he'll definitely get games, its just up to him to prove he can do it now.

Sterling is never worth £49m and Liverpool (and QPR) are the only winners in all this.

However I honestly don't think by moving to City he's ruined his career. They are going to play him after paying that much for him so he'll definitely get games, its just up to him to prove he can do it now.

You're probably right. Schweinsteiger to the scum is an excellent buy. Looking forward to watching him play.

You guys done any buisness yet? I've seen a few things but tbh I haven't really been keeping close.

For anyone thats bothered as well.... the fantasy league is back up on www.fantasy.premierleague.com

If you were in last year, log in & make a team, you'll be asked / automatically put back into in.

If you're new, do the same and join the league with this code : 122020-35145

I hope I don't fail like last year. +10 points for good team names!

You're probably right. Schweinsteiger to the scum is an excellent buy. Looking forward to watching him play.

You guys done any buisness yet? I've seen a few things but tbh I haven't really been keeping close.

For anyone thats bothered as well.... the fantasy league is back up on www.fantasy.premierleague.com

If you were in last year, log in & make a team, you'll be asked / automatically put back into in.

If you're new, do the same and join the league with this code : 122020-35145

I hope I don't fail like last year. +10 points for good team names!

Sweet I'll join.

And yeah we signed PSV captain Wijnaldum.  He looks class to be fair but i will openly admit I've only ever seen him play for Holland once. Quite impressed with our level of targets we seem to be aiming for, hope they come off.

How about yourselves?